Any SCUBA divers here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SCUBA divers here???

Just wondering. The wife and I had a pretty scary dive today, and it would be cool to talk to some experienced divers.
    Probably not on a guitar forum though huh!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

You went scuba diving in Missouri??
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Shawn is.... but I have not seen him around for a while.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        You went scuba diving in Missouri??
        Yep, we have water here too!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well tell us the story of the dive! I want to know why it was scary Regale us with your tale, please!

Comment

I'd like to hear the story of the scary dive too!!
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I cannot imagine diving in a lake or such.
                just the concept of not being able to see beyond your forearms in muddy water is something that creeps the fuck out of me.

I did a SNUBA dive off Kona on the Big Island in Hawaii, it was fucking incredible.

(SNUBA is where they have the air tank on the surface on a floating raft with 2-3 air lines coming off it and your regulator is connected to the tank by a 30' line, and you put on weights and dive down and swim around 30' under water along with your companions, and your swimming motions pulls the tank behind you on the surface. it's scuba without the tank on your back and thus no necessity of being certified, super fun!).
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I work on a Treasure Salvage boat down here in FL during the summer, We dive everyday we can. Lets hear the story, Mark!

Comment

I have taken the first two courses ("Open water" and "Advanced open water") in the PADI program. It was a long time since the last dive though...

What happened? I figure it can be scary sometimes. I have not messed up that bad myself, except from managing to get air down to my feet in a way too big dry-suit, leading to an uncontrolled rise (feet first, of course....) from 20 m below. I was lucky, and remembered what the instructor had told us...

Comment

I'm certified AOW PADI diver. I have 40 official dives + 10 non recorded.
                      I dive only on holidays as I live too far from the (warm) sea. I've been to Malta, Turks and Caicos, Dominican republic, Egypt, Mauritius. The best is the Red Sea in Egypt. Most Dangerous things I experienced: touching a giant murray while it was being fed (see http://www.bluewaterdivingcenter.com/video1.swf) , seing a deadly stone fish. I saw a shark but far away, "in the blue". Worst thing that happened to me was my left ear being blocked at 30m (100 feet). The pain caused by the water pressure was something I'd like not to remember when I'll dive again !
                      Last edited by patricef; 09-23-2007, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Curious,

With certification and such, was it illegal for me to go diving heh?

Dove several times off the coast of Kauai. My training was 15min with my uncle in the local swimming pool lol. Didn't appear to be so complicated at the time.

As I understood, without certification, you can't get tanks filled and that was the one limitation, including renting tanks. Maybe the issue was unless someone who was certified filled tanks for someone who wasn't risked their certification for doing so? I rekon.

I had a blast tho. Dove about 70ft through caves n stuff, swimming around giant sea turtles. Unfortunately, I was rather excited and sucked my air down faster than avg, so the trips always ended sooned than desired.

I couldn't imagine doing it much anywhere else than where the water is clear, Bahamas, Hawaii, etc. Being weightless after donning 50lbs of gear, breathing underwater lol, and just cruising around. Much fun.

Love to do it again, but do not have the means. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                          I'd like to hear the story of the scary dive too!!
                          Yeah! Share the scare

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                            Shawn is.... but I have not seen him around for a while.
                            Shawn bought a boat and he spends all his time on that now. I used to talk to him all the time and now he just e-mails me pictures of his catch of the week.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

At one time I scuba.. I'm PADI certified but if I ever go again will definitely need a refresher course.. I use to do a lot of night diving at Canyon Lake and the Comal River in Texas that was kick ass.
                              2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                              2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                              2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                              2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                              2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                              2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                              2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                              2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                              2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                              1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                              1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
                              X