Any SCUBA divers here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
    That's great you both went back and got you cert's. You did the right thing.
    You have to go to Cozumel. The best diving for the money in the world IMO. It's great down there. Drift diving it's the way to go. Plus some of the most beautiful diving anywhere. Been going for the last 10 summers.
    Mexico is definitely on the top of our dive destinations. We really want to do the Caymans, and Belize too. We're going to be diving at Atlantic Beach next month. I know it's not a tropical wonderland for divers, but we love the beaches down there anyway, and they have some cool dive spots. We're going to spend the first year or so just getting some dives under our belts, then who knows!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I was certified in a lake, and won't ever dive another after diving in the Caribbean.
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

Awesome pic brother!!!!!!!!!!!
        Actually, I'll probably still enjoy lake dives. It's two different worlds entirely. That's kinda like saying that after playing a Jackson, you'll never play anything else. I think lake dives are probably more difficult in a way, so to me, that makes them great practice grounds. If you learn to play a cheap guitar great, you're probably going to smoke on a good one, right?
        Last edited by mm2002; 09-24-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I recommend using Glow sticks tied to your BC next time! It helps.
          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I agree with ya TexasRocks!!! But you do have a piont mm2002.
            Last edited by Gunner; 09-25-2007, 06:13 AM.

Comment

But what if you're viciously attacked by a school of sea cucumbers..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

lol !!!!

Comment

That was at 70 feet off of Playa Del Carmen in February 2006.

The next day we dived the Wall off of Cozumel down to 110 feet. It was unbelievable to look down and see nothing except thw wall receeding down into the depths.....just a deeper blue.

I guess I would dive a lake again, in certain circumstances. There is a divers lake in Athens, Tx, near Dallas, that is very clear, and has had several cars, an RV, and a couple of planes sunk so you can dive them.

There is also an old missle silo in West Texas that I would like to dive, but the water temperature there is so cold you need a dry suit, I think.
                  1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  Jackson SLATQH
                  Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                  Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                  Jackson DKMGT (project)
                  Kramer Focus 1000
                  Ibanez SDGR Bass
                  Ovation Celebrity
                  Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                    Mexico is definitely on the top of our dive destinations. We really want to do the Caymans, and Belize too. We're going to be diving at Atlantic Beach next month. I know it's not a tropical wonderland for divers, but we love the beaches down there anyway, and they have some cool dive spots. We're going to spend the first year or so just getting some dives under our belts, then who knows!
                    Did our DSD in Mexico near Xcaret, amazing place to dive & we bit the bug after that. Did some more intro dives in the Red Sea which is out of this world & finally qualified in The Maldives last November. Now that was the trip of a lifetime. We are off to the Red Sea at Sharm el Sheikh at the end of October where we will hopefully do some more dives & get the PADI Advanced course under our belts...no pun intended
                    SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

Looks like a very cool place! I found this site with a quick search Xcaret
                      I can't wait to experience dives like that. Prices are cheap too!
                      It would have been cool to get our certs in the ocean, but ya just don't find many oceans in Missouri!
                      Also, another question for you traveling divers, do any of you have young children? Our daughters are 2 and 6, and that makes it tough for us to dive. Here' we can get a babysitter, but on vacation???? I'm not too crazy about leaving the kids with some strangers. We have a family member going with us next month, so it won't be a problem, but in the future that won't likely be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                        Looks like a very cool place! I found this site with a quick search Xcaret
                        I can't wait to experience dives like that. Prices are cheap too!
                        It would have been cool to get our certs in the ocean, but ya just don't find many oceans in Missouri!
                        Also, another question for you traveling divers, do any of you have young children? Our daughters are 2 and 6, and that makes it tough for us to dive. Here' we can get a babysitter, but on vacation???? I'm not too crazy about leaving the kids with some strangers. We have a family member going with us next month, so it won't be a problem, but in the future that won't likely be the case.
                        Well, DUH, take me and James, problem solved. We don't swim:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                          Well, DUH, take me and James, problem solved. We don't swim:ROTF:
                          Well my beloved sista.........be careful what you ask for!!!
                          That would be sooooo cool!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X