This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
    The rest of the world should live in fear of the United States. We have nuclear bombs and will use them again.

Why the fuck should we care what anybody in the rest of the world thinks about our foreign policy?

Dont' believe me? Do something like the 9/11 shit again. Even the PETA members were kicking their dogs that Bush didn't turn the entire middle east into glass on 9/12.

You're either with us or against us. We still don't eat "French" fries around here.
    I'm French. You hate me already?

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
      I'm French. You hate me already?

French heritage or living/working/paying taxes in France?

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        The only religion that I know of that hasn't killed anyone in the name of their god is Judaism.
        Didn't they sort of help getting rid of Jesus H?
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
          French heritage or living/working/paying taxes in France?
          We don't really have 'heritage' in Europe. Since our countries are more than 200 years old, we usually come from one place though there are exceptions (well... I mean we don't, but we don't care if our great great great great grandpa was from another place). I'm French born and bred. Both my parents are French. I spent most of my life there. What gives Doc?

Comment

lol Pott. I actually got in trouble in elementary school when the teacher asked me what my heritage was. I said I'm an American, my parents are American, my grandparents are American
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              lol Pott. I actually got in trouble in elementary school when the teacher asked me what my heritage was. I said I'm an American, my parents are American, my grandparents are American
              Rock on bro Unless you have a grandparent who's foreign, you're American. Take that all 'Irish' folks

That's just me though.

Comment

Plastic Paddys as they are known...
                Last edited by shobet; 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM. Reason: I can't fucking spell
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Bwahahah never heard that. Hilarious

Comment

yup, in Europe people don't really give a shit about their "heritage" I don't have a glue who I really am, all I know is that I was born in Estonia.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner View Post
                      I agree shawn. And danastas, yes we are losing are freedoms everyday. Why does the govt' want all our guns? They have an agenda, thats for sure.
                      You know all these lawyers that blew the whistle on Abu Gonzalez? Well, they aren't very clean themselves. I know from people dealing with Fed prosecutors that the way for them to get ahead in Justice is to push as many misdemeanor crimes into Patriot Act territory as they possibly can. They are going after my friend for mail fraud, and they have him bagged. He did the equivalent of sending wine through the mail over state lines to a friend. But because he was politically outspoken, they decided to nail him. They are pushing mail fraud now, and they told him bluntly, "We can arrest you for anything." And it's the truth. The sad thing is that with their tactics they have scared the crap out of people, and have shut some people up. Some of my friend's former colleagues won't talk to him out of fear. The same prosecutor who went after him was later purged by Gonzalez, and then he blew the whistle on Gonzalez. These are the same guys that don't think twice about taking our civil liberties away, and then they imagine that there is someone out there worse than them. That's what's scary.

Comment

• I'm Dago-American
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          Didn't they sort of help getting rid of Jesus H?
                          Well, if they didn't, then he wouldn't have become the JC that many of us know and love.

I do think some Palestinians would beg to differ about Judaism, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by pott View Post
                            Rock on bro Unless you have a grandparent who's foreign, you're American. Take that all 'Irish' folks

That's just me though.
                            Well, you can define yourself however you want. I'd point out though that, if Shawn's real last name is Lutz, he's like the majority of Americans: he has German background. Before WW2, it was very common in the German community to be extremely proud of that background. Germans were more boastful about it than the Irish and Italians. But that war changed things.

I saw a map of the USA by county recently in which people were asked to self-identify by heritage. The color for German heritage was blue. Well, let me tell you, outside of a few counties in New England with English heritage, outside of the tri-state area that was dominated by Italians, outside of a feew border counties with many Mexican-Americans, the whole entire country was one big swath of blue. In every single county, Germans dominated. Even in Minnesoa which is supposed to be Scandinavian. They were swamped by the Germans up there. Only the South was a different color. It was white. White stood for... American only. LOL. So, other than the South, the other three corners of the US are perfectly fine with identifying their heritage, but because German Americans have such a mixed feeling about doing so after WW2, you don't hear about it that much. Andy Rooney can blast people for hyphenating, but he's hypocritical because he too has sent money to the Irish cause a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              yup, in Europe people don't really give a shit about their "heritage" I don't have a glue who I really am, all I know is that I was born in Estonia.
                              Err, I've lived in Europe for awhile. We're talking about two totally different cultures. Europeans don't move around a lot. Americans change cities and jobs often. A 25 year old European may be living in their parents' home still. In the US, not so much. Europeans until very recently didn't have much immigration. The US is different. The US is an immigrant culture. After 4 years here, you can become a citizen. Take a look at Germany. Your family can live there for three generations and you're still not a citizen. In the US, it's very easy to trace your migration. The majority of Americans can trace their backgrounds to Europe or Mexico by going back only 2 or 3 generations. I'm imagining that there's no such migration in Estonia. Sure, you might have some Russians or Germans there but they haven't forgotten their background. Aren't the Russians kicking up a huge fuss in the Baltics lately?

Comment

• I'm obviously not the majority or norm in Europe... I've lived in 4 different countries. And hell I don't think that's that much...

My family name's German. But the closest family member in my family who's german is a great grandfather's father I never met. I don't think my heritage is German. Not even Spanish even though my grandma's dad was fully Spanish. I'm just French.

I'ved had Americans call themselves from X or Y countries and when asked they go back to 10 or so generations or a family name...

Comment

Working...
                                X