This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danastas View Post
    Bill, I am not trying to get personal with you, but on this very board you have written that you're a cop on disability. You have a government job with government health care. What else more is there to say? Some small business owner out there is pissed at you because he can't afford his own health care, nor his employees, and yet he has to pay yours.
    But he was trading his services for this payment. That's not fair to then call him out like that. Totally different than generations of welfare recipients. Hel not even the same thing!

I think you should take that back as that is totally spinning the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by pott View Post
      Exactly.
      Except about the freedom to live. Every American who's lived foreign told me they had more freedoms and felt better abroad. That's quite a lot. Everybody's different of course. I feel perfectly free in the UK, Holland or France.
      Americans, sorry to tell you that, but most western country provide just the same freedom.
      I don't buy it. I lived overseas for at least 6 years of my 39 year old life. Let me tell you, there are problems with civil rights in the US, but there are also many problems in Europe. In Germany, an immigrant can't become a citizen until he can prove his balls are 100% totally teutonic. In Italy, the media is a joke that runs on 100% propaganda. In England, you can get sued for slander and it's on you to prove you're not libeling anyone, instead of the other thing around. The US has much more respect in general for freedom of speech than Europe has, and there is also (or used to be) much more freedom in terms of class mobility.

The US has a severe problem that Europe doesn't have, and which Europe is experiencing just now. One, the race problem. And now we have our own religious fundamentals taking away our freedoms. Other than a racist-puritan backgrounds that occasionally makes things very tough on us, freedom-wise, this is a great country. But that racist-puritan background is big obstacle. There's no denying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        I can agree with what your saying. But we did know that it was possible. That was the second time the WTC was targeted. And have we forgotten about Tim McVeigh and what he did in OK City? Where was the knee-jerk reaction there? Were was the rush to give up civil liberties there? Where was the War on Militias then? Didn't happen. People didn't freak out as much, and I'm not sure why. Must be the body count? Or the fact that the "enemy" after 9/11 wasn't white. One or the other I'm guessing...

Bush was very fortunate that 9/11 happened. It allowed him to do what he wanted to do all along...
        I think Ruby Ridge and Waco come to mind on this. Or did those happen before?

It is weird though that we are okay with accepting crazy people that live with us, but crazy people from cultures we don't understand scares the hell out of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          A dictators dream, maybe, but for families and friends nothing but anger, despair, and tears. I can guarantee it, and to me, that was not imaginable to me that we wou;ld take it in the ass on our own homeland , just my point of view, as you stated in the beginning of your post, i'm happy that you did not lose anyone that day, you're fortunate.
          Yes, I am very fortunate in not having any personal connection to that event. The only thing about it is it makes me feel like the only one that can't relate to 9-11 hysteria. I am on the outside of the observation.

For anyone that didn't see that coming, it has to be a sobering and upsetting thing, moreso when it's personal. Apparently the 6 degrees of seperation of the people that were involved that day held true - nearly all Americans have a personal relationship with someone involved.

I definitely am not minimizing the event in any way, just reaching out to see if there is anyone else that was not surprised, but surprised that our gov't reacted by making America less free in response. In a way, the terrorists were effective. The expense and disruption caused was much larger than the impact the instigators immediately created.
          Last edited by 442w30; 09-26-2007, 02:22 PM.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
            I think Ruby Ridge and Waco come to mind on this. Or did those happen before?

It is weird though that we are okay with accepting crazy people that live with us, but crazy people from cultures we don't understand scares the hell out of us.
            I believe both of those were before. But those were rather different. Those were the government doing what it thought was right. OK City was a terrorist attack, plain and simple...

I totally agree with your second statement...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I don't buy it. I lived overseas for at least 6 years of my 39 year old life. Let me tell you, there are problems with civil rights in the US, but there are also many problems in Europe. In Germany, an immigrant can't become a citizen until he can prove his balls are 100% totally teutonic. In Italy, the media is a joke that runs on 100% propaganda. In England, you can get sued for slander and it's on you to prove you're not libeling anyone, instead of the other thing around. The US has much more respect in general for freedom of speech than Europe has, and there is also (or used to be) much more freedom in terms of class mobility.

The US has a severe problem that Europe doesn't have, and which Europe is experiencing just now. One, the race problem. And now we have our own religious fundamentals taking away our freedoms. Other than a racist-puritan backgrounds that occasionally makes things very tough on us, freedom-wise, this is a great country. But that racist-puritan background is big obstacle. There's no denying it.
              I'm not saying Europe is perfect or better. I'm just pointing to all the Mr American (general term) who go 'go USA, freedom, blabla, home of the free, blabla' that in Europe we're just as free, at least I feel such.
              I'm happy in Europe, but based on when I was in the US and Americans talking to me, I simply could NOT live there.

Comment

• Yo Danastas,
                I was replying to 442w30 not you.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  Tommy is a good example of that self-preseving minset.

He adjusted things to maintain his lifestyle and happiness without relying on others.

No matter if he made boo-koo bucks or just a few..he's still kickin' ass, and content..which is obvious!!

I worked as a cop for many years..trust me, nobody lost that much "freedom"..We just hear we lost it everday on tv..or wait longer at airports while being checked. I'm nervous to fly without the thought of blowin' up..let 'em check my balls for explosives. I'll turn and cough and save a visit to the doctor's office.

911 was a terrible thing done by terrible people that hate our "freedom". They are the enemy, because they chosed to be. It's kill or be killed..something humans been doing for how many milleniums?

Blame them for any freedoms lost, not your own who attempt to protect us.

"Freedom cost a buck o' five"..

I think

SPD, Yeah ..I can identify with some of that.
                  You're so wrong about this. I have a friend that will be going to jail because his artwork criticized Monsanto. His case made national news, but that didn't give him any sympathy. The fascists are throwing his ass in jail because of his political views. Simple as that. They tried to get him on a bogus charge, but they failed. So then they went after him for mail fraud (previously a misdemeanor) and they have him dead to rights. He is not the only one to be tossed into jail or threatened with it for simply stating his political views. People in this country are not quite aware of how far the federal gov't is going to police us and shut us up.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    Yo Danastas,
                    I was replying to 442w30 not you.
                    Sorry if I screwed up Tommy. Actually, I don't even know what I've written anymore. I can't find the post you're referring to. Maybe I should just shut up instead of wasting my time at work on the boss's dime.

Comment

• I don't quite understand the notion that they hate us for our freedom...

And I also believe the Government cannot protect us against something like this, so why take away our liberties trying?
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Bill, I am not trying to get personal with you, but on this very board you have written that you're a cop on disability. You have a government job with government health care. What else more is there to say? Some small business owner out there is pissed at you because he can't afford his own health care, nor his employees, and yet he has to pay yours.
                        Well I paid my dues..I guess. Broke my neck fighting a intox male aboard a plane that harmed several people and wanted to harm many more..kicking the door to the cockpit going after the pilots. Yeah, rolling around with that crazy fucker F'd me up..Whatever, could be worse. I'm just not "fit" to be a cop anymore..I would be doing another 20 years if that didn't happen.

I'm talking about human pollution..that I got to know and love as a cop. Well they were my job secuirity..so I should kiss ther asses..and did...I had too.

Human pollution are baby pez dispensers..never paying taxes or my pension or healthcar..I pay a large premium for that..700 bucks a month worth. So, Nobody is giving me shit...not a fuggin' thing!

So, take that noise somewhere else..because that's just 100% nonsese.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• No sweat Danasterooster,
                          I say continue to make money posting. It's great work if you can get it-lol I'm fukkin' jealous.

Comment

• I'm going to start to slack now, been at it for a couple of hours now, that's about it for me-lol I'm losing my tan, not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              I believe both of those were before. But those were rather different. Those were the government doing what it thought was right. OK City was a terrorist attack, plain and simple...

I totally agree with your second statement...
                              Oh. I thought those were the gov't knee jerk reactions.

I agree that the Patriot Act is taking away our freedom to give us security. Of course we know as Americans that anyone that gives away any amount of freedom for any amount of security...deserves neither.

Comment

• ..Fuggit.

I'll see you guys on the other threads..

Go nuts..have fun bitchin' at each other..make sure you get yourselves good and pissed off..work yourselves up to a F-5 tizzy!!!

Do me a favor..leave the "tudes" on this thread..like I am...and we'll laugh on another thread.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X