Damn Jackson Prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Jackson Prices!!

Do yourself a favor and check out the Dealer Ad section and check out those prices on some of the CS pieces.

Yes, I know those are retail prices, but even with large discounts, some of those are 7k guitars, WTF? A few seem reasonable, but I bet those are plain and simple guitars with the CS logo on them.

Obviously if you veer away from the Alder/plain maple neck, you are in for some serious price gouging.

How the hell do they plan on selling guitars at those prices?
    Last edited by VinceV; 09-25-2007, 05:53 PM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Nice guitars I'm sure... they're in PRS Private Stock price territory with some of them though.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

11 Grand Retail? Yikes!!!

I'm sure they are nice as well. But it's getting high dollar. I guess that's just the way though...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Insane list prices on some of those but sure a lot of them will sell (not at retail). In my mind there should be a pretty big difference in "custom" and production. Some of he Custom Shop plane jane Charvels stratheads sell for a resonable price but little make them true "customs" in my mind
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I bought a CS Jackson NEAR that initial range you mentioned for a lot less than retail. The key word here is near. They were already at $6k before the price increase. But I didn't pay anywhere near that retail amount.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
            I bought a CS Jackson NEAR that initial range you mentioned for a lot less than retail. The key word here is near. They were already at $6k before the price increase. But I didn't pay anywhere near that retail amount.
            Sure, but you'll pay more than half. How much more is decided by the dealer but it will be more than 50%. If they still do it the way they use to...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I guess FMIC does not give a rat's ass about the market that used to buy this product, because about 80+% of that market is now gone, off to other builders, with prices like these being thrust in their faces by FMIC for JCMI products.

it's the worst price gouging I've ever seen, and the most dramatic increases in a short span of time too, which makes it that much more egregious.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Ha, you'd probably die if you saw Dean's prices.

Comment

Upon seeing those prices, I now rescind my previous criticism of custom quotes from Ran Guitars as being too high. I had gotten a quote of about $2K for a DK1 copy with a pearl holoflash, neck painted as body, OFR, EMGs, and an All Access Neck Joint. I now realize how reasonable that is.
                  Last edited by texasfury; 09-26-2007, 05:19 PM.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    Sure, but you'll pay more than half. How much more is decided by the dealer but it will be more than 50%. If they still do it the way they use to...
                    It depends on how long it's been hanging out around the shop. I spent below 50%. If you want it in the first few months that it's hanging around, you'll get a 30% discount. Wait a year it drops to 50%.

Comment

Because of this very reason, I never buy new! Why? Cause we all by guitars that we later sell! Then thats when guys like me reap all the Savings...Heheheheh~~~~!!!!!!

Comment

They are just trying to keep up with the Gibson Custom Shop Gibson just had like a 15-20% hike in the C.S.!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                          Nice guitars I'm sure... they're in PRS Private Stock price territory with some of them though.
                          I thought the same thing Matt and at that point the choice is clear. I mean at an equal price point only a FOOL would go Jackson compared to a PRS PS. I love my Jacksons and God only knows how I cherish my hair metal music and tools of the trade.
                          But bang for the buck and flat out playability and looks its not even close!!!!
                          FMIC has lost it.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Why not go with Ran? They seem to be more reasonable, considering how high priced and slow the JCS is now. I would think the only reason to go with Jackson now is imports, or buying CS production pieces used.
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                            X