After 50!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 50!!!!!

Starts by rookie pitchers (that's a lot of games)due to injuries in the earlier part of the season, and being 14.5 games out of first place twice, not once , but twice this season, the Yankees are in the post season and it was a great time watching them come back from a pretty far ways back and especially after that idiot Steve Philips and most of the media wrote them off for dead before and after the all star break. Just a month ago Philips said they were done-lol
    bring it home guys, I bleed pinstripes baby, since 1970. I go as that team goes. and tonite was very satisfying.
    way to go boys!!! Kick some ass now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it home, keep the bats warm.
    Since Sully won't take my calls anymore-here's what I sent to him a couple of days ago-

Since you will not call me back, I’m sending “MY” 25 man postseason roster according to the guy who’s always correct, me-lol
    If I was managing, here’s my Pitching rotation.
    If the 1st round is at home for 2 first I go
    1-Wang
    2-Pettitte
    If 1st 2 on the road I go-
    1-Clemens
    2-Pettitte
    3-Wang at home
    4-Mussina (on a short leash) with Kennedy and Hughes for eating up innings if he does not pitch well, but he has his last 3 times out thank God.
    Full pitching roster-

1-Pettitte-Best Game 2 Stopper of the bleeding or losing streaks, had a great year, should have won 24 games, for real. No run support this year.
    2-Wang –Stronger pitcher at home than on the road. Went through the 7th with beckett-tied 1-1 until the implosion at the phones, I mean Fens-lol
    3-Clemens-Hopefully his elbow and head won’t fall off.
    4-Moose-Last 3 have shown the old Moose we know, but he’s on a short leash right now with “ME”-lol
    5-Kennedy-high hopes he is a possible # 2 or # 3 starter for the Yankees. He’s unbelieveable so far.
    6-Hughes- have very high hopes this kid becomes a great pitcher. He’s pitched well, you can’t judge a guy who’s 21 until he’s had 50 starts.(AL East no picnic)
    7-Chamberlain- been a much needed shot in the arm and energy booster.
    8-Rivera- still lurks out in the bullpen like a Panamanian Destruction
    9-Edwar Ramirez- I love this kid!!!! Lots of movement on his pitches.
    10-Vizcaino –yikes!! Put on chest protector and helmet.
    11-Farnsworth-I pray it doesn’t have to get to him.
    Do I add a 12th pitcher? I’m undecided today.
    Position players- Starting Lineup

12- Damon-LF/DH/CF/RF/ Pinch runner/Pinch hitter
    13-Jeter-SS- Another 200 hit plus season, he’s ahead of Pete Rose at his current age by about 8 points in lifetime batting average and by over 86 hits!!!
    14-Abreu-RF-Convinced he’s on heroin and Angel Dust mixed together while on the field and at bat.. Great 2nd half.
    15-Arod-3B- What can you say? He shut everyone up so far, this postseason will determine his true value, he must produce or they’ll never forgivehim “I”will
    16-Matsui-DH/LF/Pinch Hitter
    17-Posada-C- Had a ridiculous year, numbers are supposed to be declining , not going up-lol
    18-Cano-2B-My favorite Yankee. Fact- Definitely on Heroin and angel Dust at the same time during gametime playing. Strongest arm I’ve seen at 2B ever. Bat from hell.
    19-Mientkiewicz- 1B- Glove like I haven’t seen since Mattingly. Bat like I haven’t seen since T-Ball-lol he’s o.k. I guess, can sometimes get a hit actually. got 4 tonite.
    20-Cabrera- CF- Got Melk? Best arm, outfielder on the team. Has 14 throw outs at home plate this year, assists whatever you want to call them . I like gunned downs better. Has more combined with putouts at 2nd and 3rd. Arm from the firey depths from hell.

21-Jose Molina -C- great backup catcher.
    22-Giambi-DH/ (1B-lol) needs to juice heavily and see the ball hit the bat . Still good for DH and for taking pitchers deep into the count and walking a lot.
    23-Shelley Duncan – 1B/RF/DH/PH- lunatic , absolute freak. Not all there, not all here either-lol
    24-Betemit-1B/SS/2B/PH/P-Runner,etc.- Not a bad pickup so far although a bust with other clubs .
    25-Cairo- for any position. Great platoon player, maybe best in the league. Does not strikeout often. Solid infielder
    Honorable mention to- Andy Philips who’s out indefinitely , and I still might add another pitcher, but this is extremely close if we make the playoffs
    With what we have on the roster this year. Magic number 2. It ain’t over until it’s over, am celebrating nothing. Game just started, gotta go!!!!!
    Tell me what you think.
    Miss you dude,
    Tommy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Damn I missed it, but Love them Yanks!

It started for me in 1977 with Mr. Baseball - Reggie Jackson
    Catfish Hunter, Bucky Dent, Thurmon Munson, and Lou Pinella. Gee, I can't remember anyone else anymore. I had all the TOPS team sets 1977-1980

Reggie and Rollie Fingers got me liking the A's too!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
      Damn I missed it, but Love them Yanks!

It started for me in 1977 with Mr. Baseball - Reggie Jackson
      Catfish Hunter, Bucky Dent, Thurmon Munson, and Lou Pinella. Gee, I can't remember anyone else anymore. I had all the TOPS team sets 1977-1980

Reggie and Rollie Fingers got me liking the A's too!
      Chris Chambliss, Willie Randolph, Greg Nettles, Mickey Rivers, Roy White, Goose Gossage, Ron Guidry the list goes on!!!
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

F the Yankees!
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

F the damn Yankees and Gay Rod...

My house is divided. Since I'm a New Englander I'm a Red Sox Fan.... My wife is a Yankee fan even though she is a Texan. She became a Yankee fan when we lived in Wichita.. For some reason they showed more Yankee games on t.v. than the Red Sox.. then she brain washed my oldest son into becoming a Yankees fan. That Bitch My youngest son is a Red Sox fan.... When we lived in KS she didn't mind the Red Sox and really didn't know the Red Sox vs. Yankee rivalry until she moved to MA... and now she can't stand the Red Sox.. and her reason is because of the Red Sox fans on how she gets harassed when she wears her Yankees stuff, especially when my son got harassed on the school bus about it and that's another story.
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Go Yanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Another playoff showing. I ain't giving up on the AL East title yet. BoSox have a way of "bucknering" things....

Damn Tommy, how long did it take you to write all that?.... It was good. Is Cairo still with Yanks? I thought I saw him in Cincinnati or somewhere like that.

I've been Yankees all the way since late 60's. I grew up 15 minutes from the stadium. 70's were good. Other players, Ron Woods, Brian Doyle, Ronnie Bloomberg, Sparky Lyle (who coaches here in Jersey now), Danny Cater, Walt 'no neck' Williams, Mel Stottlemyer, Dave Righetti, Dick Howard, Tommy John, Gene Michael, Rudy May, Ed Figueroa, Billy Martin, of course, one of my favorites Oscar Gamble, Fred Stanley, Dick Tidrow, Ron Davis (setup man for Goose), Felipe Alou, Rusty Torres, Mike Kekich, Lindy McDaniel, Fritz Peterson, Doc Medich, Horace Clarke, Sudden Sam McDowell (though he was really an Indian), Sandy Alomar, Larry Gura, Bobby Bonds, Jim Mason, Elliot Maddox, Mickey Klutts , and Steve Hamilton (foley floater, for those of you that remember)....:ROTF:
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Gotta go looking for tickets.

Comment

Hey! I thought religious threads were discouraged
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                  I ain't giving up on the AL East title yet. BoSox have a way of "bucknering" things....
                  So True... We always have the Patriots
                  2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                  2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                  2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                  2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                  2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                  2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                  2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                  2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                  2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                  1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                  1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Yeah. I like the Pats though I'm a hopeless Jets fan..........:ROTF:
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Go Rockies , They are on a 10 game winning streak !!

Comment

I has season tix from '75 in shea, through '88, and then it was off to California. I went to every single playoff and world series game in '76,'77 and '78, '81 I was away at school. I flew home for the 2 blowouts in '96, but returned in '98 for the first two, game one at the bar, but at game 2 for the blowout. Saw game 3 in '99, a la chad curtis, and when my tickets went from 800 to 5,000.00 when it was the Subway series in 2000, I stopped going home. I was a little freaked in '01 so I stayed out here. Still 4 games left, would be nice to keep sharp and take them all, 1 vs. TB, and 3 vs. Baltimore. Don, the list took me about 5 minutes to decide on, and an hour to write out-lol, I type with my two index fingers-lol
                        442- I was swinging from my dad's long brooks Brothers long coat during the three home run Reggie game like a monkey I was so happy that night. I was 12. i went to the Chambliss 9th innning home run game in '76 with my friend steve, my sister jeannie, and her boyfriend at the time-John McEnroe. That game went from high as a kite , to lower than the street curb back to high as a kite. I'll never forget any of those games. George Brett was the biggest yankee killer I've ever seen. Griffey jr. too.

Comment

Definitely psyched about the Yanks and this postseason. And they're playing it smart this year by not trying to kill themselves for the division and resting some guys. Abreu is sitting tonight. I think it is lining up well for them, hopefully facing Cleveland in the 1st round. Let the Angels and Red Sox beat up on each other in the first round.

Ian Kennedy is nursing a sore back. I don't think he'll be available for the ALDS, but maybe the ALCS. The only thing I'm worried about is Clemens's hamstring and the fact that Cabrera is NOT hitting. He is going to kill us in the playoffs if he doesn't get it fixed soon.

Comment

he'll make up for it holding runners or throwing them out hopefully. He needs a little batting practice against the Orioles hopefully. Who has a worse pen, the orioles or the D-rays? They both have a couple of promising and already good starters.

Comment

Working...
                            X