Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The New Journey Singer Is...

Arnel Pineda, from the band "The Zoo".

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You have to wonder what Journey are thinking. This guy sounds exactly like what he is, a good singer (he didn't exactly rip out Don't Stop Believin') in a bad cover band. Let's get rid of a pro like Jeff Scott Soto and get him...

I'm not so sure they "got rid of" JSS. I'm still curious why Steve Augeri hasn't come back. I thought he was just nursing a "temporary condition"? The other thing that always surprises me is that they haven't had Hugo in the band (you guys who know AOR will know who I'm talking about - Valentine, Open Skies, Hugo). That guy LOOKS and sounds just like Steve Perry. But then again, SP isn't doing anything these days - maybe they should just get him back in the band (bi-polar nature and all) and have one of the biggest tours of all time right next to Van Halen and Kiss.

Comment

Journey kicks ass.

Comment

Who?

Journey is still around? I guess the State Fair Circut is pretty good these days...

Schon needs to reform HSAS...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          I'm not so sure they "got rid of" JSS. I'm still curious why Steve Augeri hasn't come back. I thought he was just nursing a "temporary condition"? The other thing that always surprises me is that they haven't had Hugo in the band (you guys who know AOR will know who I'm talking about - Valentine, Open Skies, Hugo). That guy LOOKS and sounds just like Steve Perry. But then again, SP isn't doing anything these days - maybe they should just get him back in the band (bi-polar nature and all) and have one of the biggest tours of all time right next to Van Halen and Kiss.
          They did get rid of JSS, though his old buddy Neal won't even talk to him or explain WHY he was fired. Most likely because he was showing up Schon and Cain onstage.

Steve Perry's voice is shot, he's not capable of coming back if he wanted to. This new guy will be so beholden he'll work cheap and won't give them any shit. Jeff on the other hand is a pro and can't be punked to the same degree.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Bring back Gregg Rolie!
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
              Bring back Gregg Rolie!
              Yeah! Or Robert Fleishman who sounds exactly like Mark's Laughter... err, I mean Mark Slaughter. :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How about they let Journey die? Good band and all, but those guys are good enough musicians they should be doing something good, like HSAS.

Maybe Neal should do a reunion with Santana and Rolie?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  How about they let Journey die? Good band and all, but those guys are good enough musicians they should be doing something good, like HSAS.

Maybe Neal should do a reunion with Santana and Rolie?
                  There's a lot more money in any version of Journey for Neal Schon than in HSAS or a Santana reunion. The Journey reunion was never about artistic or musical expression, it's all about money. Journey can still play arenas if they go out with Def Leppard or similar bands; the members would play clubs in any other band and they prefer big paychecks.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X