Caveman - the TV show!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caveman - the TV show!???

We are living through one of the most amazing times in world history.

I don't think I have ever seen this happen before, the Geico guy has got a new series on ABC.

Has a commercial character ever jumped to a TV series before? Does Geico license or get paid for this?

If so, I want to sponsor:

Kool-Aid Man Takes Black Crowes Beach

The Pizza Hut Oreo Mustache Hour

"Get a Bud at The Office", based on this commercial:
    http://www.flicklife.com/f98eb779a38...cial_Ever.html
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

I think the Geico cavemen is the worse batch of commercials ever made. I wouldn't buy insurance from them just based on that. A series? Fuck that noise.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
      The Pizza Hut Oreo Mustache Hour
      That would be Domino's. I'd watch that show, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        I think the Geico cavemen is the worse batch of commercials ever made. I wouldn't buy insurance from them just based on that. A series? Fuck that noise.
        +1. Their advertising is insanely obnoxious - waaaay too much of it, and waaay too stupid.

Besides, I will NEVER do business with an insurance company that tries to screw it's own customers by giving away free radar guns to police agencies, targeting the give-aways to areas where they insure a high percentage of the drivers. Fuck them.

Comment

Geico got me a long time ago. I asked for a quote, they gave it to me and I dropped my insurance. I then got a bill for 2X what I was quoted, but had already paid on their website by credit card.

They said it was because 4 years ago I had an accident I didn't disclose. State Farm doesn't go back that far.

I cancelled and Geico kept my $75 and wouldn't give it back.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Oh.Ihe irony. I started a thread about the Geico ads a long time ago. And the same comments came up. Maybe, Ron can find it.:ROTF:
            Last edited by fett; 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Oh.Ihe irony. I started a thread about the Geico ads a long time ago. And the same comments came up. Maybe, Ron can find it.:ROTF:
              Hey, I even kept my story pretty much the same!
              Yeah for me, I only losing my mind a little!!!!

Comment

I think the "Ernest goes to ..." movies were based on a commercial character. Can't think of any TV shows though.

Comment

Hey, I even kept my story pretty much the same!
                  Yeah for me, I only losing my mind a little!!!!
                  Can I have Rollie Fingers' name when he dies? I was at A's games when he pitched. Everytime I see your avatar it brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth View Post
                    I think the "Ernest goes to ..." movies were based on a commercial character. Can't think of any TV shows though.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_P._Worrell

Comment

Max Headroom, major flop.
                      I think he did Coca Cola commercials.

Comment

Actually, I think the commercials are pretty funny - but a series?? Apparently it doesn't take much to get a show these days. I read that that youtube "leave Britney alone" fag might get a show!! Amazing.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Geico got me a long time ago. I asked for a quote, they gave it to me and I dropped my insurance. I then got a bill for 2X what I was quoted, but had already paid on their website by credit card.

They said it was because 4 years ago I had an accident I didn't disclose. State Farm doesn't go back that far.

I cancelled and Geico kept my $75 and wouldn't give it back.
                          I got a quote from them back when the gecko was the pitchreptile and even the quote they gave me was twice what I was then paying. Thanks anyway...

I do like the caveman commercials though, especially the therapist one and the one in the bar where Steve the Caveman is catching shit for using Geico himself.

Worth a series? I doubt it, but I'll watch just to see. Not like the other stuff on the air could be said to be that much better anyway...
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think they are just running out of ideas. They could have done better back in the day using Phil Hartmen's caveman lawyer character from SNL.

Comment

I like how lerxstcat knows the individual cavemen's names!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X