Family Get Togethers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Get Togethers

I'm going to one tonight and I am not looking forward to it. It's my step-granddaughter's 1 year birthday. But, it wil be the same old boring my ass off people. The teen boys are drags. They will play Video Games. The two 6 year old girls will be running around being pains in the ass. The adults are no fun at all. If I mention anything political, my stepson will go into a tirade. His dad and step mom don't cut it. He's a bigger drunk than I am. My step dau-in-law is wonderful away from these people but she clams up here. And what is worse is if "The War" is on and I have to miss it. I know. I will just plop my ass on the couch at 8PM and watch it. And not only that. My dau-in-law can't cook worth shit.
    Last edited by fett; 09-29-2007, 01:59 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I hear you,Fett.I hated going to my mother in law's house so much,I finally had to fight back.I acted like I got food poisoning at one of her get togethers and made a big scene,locked myself in the bathroom and made all kinds of noise,like I was dying.I must have been pretty convincing because my wife drove me home and was all concerned until we got home.I told her what was going on and she wanted to get mad,but ended up laughing her ass off.That was 2 years ago and I haven't been back.She does'nt even ask me any more................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Could be worse. You could be like me and have no family. Of course, that may not be such a bad thing.
      "POOP"

Comment

I am heading off for an extended family evening as well in a few.

Good old fashioned grudges, catfights, and tension for a couple of hours. It's what happens when people don't have real problems.....
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The deal is they "DO". I spent decades going to my wife's family get togethers. There would be 30-40 people there. Thanksgiving, Christmas or whatever. They were all a crashing bore. The very best family time I ever had was back in the 60's and early 70's. Italian This poor white Viking was a good friend of a Wop family, one generation in the US. They kinda adopted me. Man, could they throw a family get together. It was just great. Easter was the bomb.

Comment

Do a Homer Simpson - get shitfaced. They'll never ask you to come again.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I am. But it will do no good. Straight or drunk. These people are just boring. But, they like me. I may be off the hook. It's raining and I have had beer. So, I can't drive and I will not walk. "Come and get me. You dirty bores!!!!"
              Last edited by fett; 09-29-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

It's a half hour until my show time. They usually IM me. I have been here. Could it be true that I don't have to go?:ROTF:

Comment

It's good to be loved Fett ! You'll give them good memories that may last for generations. Have Fun.

Marc

Comment

It's a long story. Both short and long term. I know where love is.

Comment

Wow - sounds like we're related! :ROTF: My in-laws hate my parents, and vice-versa. I just drink a lot...
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

.... damn, am i the only one on the planet who comes from a normal family where everyone gets along?!??!??!

Actually most of my friends are Jehovah Witnesses, so i know i'm not the only one
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I don't even believe I have cousins anymore. My parents stopped going to family reunions as did I. I don't give a damn about any of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X