X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the Rockies waste the Padres

So I can use my playoff tickets!!
    Pwn!

Rockies won 14 of last 15 and have the momentum. The Padres have the national League Cy Young winner on the mound though. i think it's a tough call. If the game were in San diego, I go with the Padres, but it's at the launching pad in colorado, so it's whomever gets the most innings out of their pitcher.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

You'll only get one round anyway! :P Go Phillies!
      Scott

Comment

I will be at the game tonight !! go Rocks

Comment

That Was The Most Amazing Shit Ive Ever Seen!

See You Bastards At The Game On Saturday! Bwhahaha!

Comment

Two outs, man on second , 8-8 tie score. Holliday never touched the plate, I have not seen one camera angle that shows he touched the plate with his hand. Why did the umpire hesitate to make the safe call after the catcher dropped the ball? He then calls safe after the catcher rolls over and and puts the tag on the clutch but shook up Holliday at the plate . Until I see his hand hit the plate, that's a bullshit win, and it's 2 outs, man on 2nd 8-8. tip of my hat to the Rockies though, awesome game, awesome comeback, all wiped out by a dubious call by the umpire. I've never seen an umpire see a catcher drop a ball and then hesitate almost three to 4 seconds and then make the safe sign as the catcher had pucked up the ball and appled the tag. Gutsy win, but what the fukk???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I call bullshit, must not have Questec at that stadium, the machine that films the performances o the umpires all year long to see who deserves to be in the post season for their performance. Only 13 stadiums have it, obviously not in that one-lol
            Congratulations Rockies, but it's still tied 8-8 in my book with 2 outs, man on second. Did I mention that by the way?-lol
            Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 10-01-2007, 11:34 PM.

Comment

rockies got robbed of a homerun as well back in the 7th, poorly umped game. I hate it when it's in their hands no matter what the sport......

Comment

The ump was standing right there. I'd have to trust his eyes before someone in a different time zone! LOL

Exactly, Atomic!. Don't forget all the strikes the rockies pitched that got called balls.

Doesn't really matter in the long run, as the Rockies would have found a way to win in later innings regardless.

Comment

The video evidence proves he didn't touch home plate.
                  But the Ump made a few bad calls both ways, so it is what it is.
                  -Rick

Comment

Man, what a game. We didnt get home til 3:00am. That game was a classic back and forth, like a heavyweight boxing match.

Comment

I don't think the video evidence was conclusive enough to reverse the on field decision. Oh wait, this ain't football!

Holiday Road!!!!!

Comment

Not taking anything away from their comeback, I actually was expecting it with the top of the order coming up and trevor hoffman coming in to close the door. Yes he will make the hall of fame and is 2nd all time in saves, but I've never seen him close a big one in my life. He blew an all star game, , and the yanks lit him up in the '98 series when the Padres had a 3-2 lead, he blew a save on saturday i think that would have clinched a playoff spot. All I keep seeing is the cather blocking his hand from touching the plate and a very visible straight line in the dirt that is parrallel to his hand sliding, and he actually pulled his hand away, it's so obvious he missed the plate, but i just am confused at the umpires reaction time. shaky, but if I'm a Rockies fan, I'll take it anytime. They blew the homerun call too, how in hell can you do that. A ball does not ricochet off padding like that ball did, as it hit the wheelchair or something made of metal on the other side of the fence. i don't know why I'm so worked up over this, I'm not a fan of either team at all. Killer game though, you can't take that away. Lots of pitchers going out in a bad way this season- glavine, Hoffman, who's next? I think the Cubs could be tough at home, but this pennant is anybody's right now.

Comment

The D'Backs will take care of the Cubs.
                          They have home filed advantage throughout the series and the Cubs have not been a real threat to them this year.
                          -Rick

Comment

The Cubs are hitting like motherfukkers right now. Soriano is wailing bombs as always, Lee, if they can hit like the last 2-3 weeks they can take Arizona, either way it will be no surprise win or lose.

Comment

And the D'Backs win!

Any of you catch that asshole behind home plate with the flashing Cubs sign?
                              Top of the ninth and he kept flashing the damn sign when Valverde was getting ready to throw.
                              Glad to see the second base ref catch it and tell the asshole to knock it off.
                              They should have thrown his ass out of the stadium.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X