The ultimate Star Wars toy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate Star Wars toy?

A twenty-foot rocket powered flying X-wing!

Is that the coolest thing ever....?

If they're looking for a test-pilot on the SECOND run - COUNT ME IN!!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Now that is kick ass!
      I want one just to put on the front lawn.
      -Rick

Comment

As a kid I always wanted a life-sized X-wing just to play in! SHIT LET ALONE FLY haha! That thing rocks!
        Last edited by wakeUPdead; 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

That is totally cool, that thing is gonna cause major GAS if it works well and goes into production.

Comment

Now that is the hopes and dreams of a billion star wars fans right there... I want!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Now that is the hopes and dreams of a billion star wars fans right there... I want!
              +1.

That show on Discovery Channel (The Science of Star Wars) pretty much dashes our dreams - can't make a light saber, can't go faster than light, not sound effects in space, no cool explosions.....

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                +2!

That is uber fuggin' cool!

Comment

Anybody know where in California this is going off next week? (I'm not enough of a geek to go look)
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    +1.

That show on Discovery Channel (The Science of Star Wars) pretty much dashes our dreams - can't make a light saber, can't go faster than light, not sound effects in space, no cool explosions.....
                    Of course they based all that on Earth-based science, as well as theories that A) were not accurately tested and B) based, again, in a level of science that imposes limitations on itself

Light-speed travel is possible, but not with an internal combustion engine (gotta make those oil companies rich $$$)

Light sabers are possible, but it can't be done with "just" a laser. You can do it with a plasma field.

You could do it with a laser if you could contain the beam inside an electron field, but as soon as you touch anything with it the electron field is suspended and you end up with a very big laser pointer.

An ion pulse engine cannot work - theoretically - because Earth-bound science cannot generate a big enough ion pulse particle - at least not in a way that won't be confiscated by the mitlitery.

Then again, it's not like they moved MIT up to the zero-gravity of outer space so they could test anything, so their theories are bunk IMO. Well-though-out and technical bunk, but bunk nonetheless.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I vote for the vibrating light saber
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Yeah..it's sweet..

But this will happen ..only much BIGGER!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=OeTDaWf6f...related&search=

Or this http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZL7upK2kU...related&search=

This one actually looks bigger and it goes SPLAT!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=YAWwe474Y...related&search=

Lots of RC splats.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=nG_d0yLNx...related&search=

I dunno that's ALOT of $$$ for a SPLAT!!!
                        Last edited by horns666; 10-05-2007, 03:49 AM.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Of course they based all that on Earth-based science, as well as theories that A) were not accurately tested and B) based, again, in a level of science that imposes limitations on itself

Light-speed travel is possible, but not with an internal combustion engine (gotta make those oil companies rich $$$)

Light sabers are possible, but it can't be done with "just" a laser. You can do it with a plasma field.

You could do it with a laser if you could contain the beam inside an electron field, but as soon as you touch anything with it the electron field is suspended and you end up with a very big laser pointer.

An ion pulse engine cannot work - theoretically - because Earth-bound science cannot generate a big enough ion pulse particle - at least not in a way that won't be confiscated by the mitlitery.

Then again, it's not like they moved MIT up to the zero-gravity of outer space so they could test anything, so their theories are bunk IMO. Well-though-out and technical bunk, but bunk nonetheless.
                          I've been trying to explain this to people for a long time now. Hell, I'm writing an entire album around this theme.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok... how do they know if it will fly? A plane isn't a matter of an engine on wings. For all they know this thing will barely take off, or the controls won't have much effect, they also will have to set the trims, it may not be adjustable properly... so many ifs... I do hope it works though, that'd be awesome.

Comment

Wind tunnel testing maybe???

Hell... with enough thrust, you can get a brick to fly.
                              Controlling the brick in flight is the trick.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X