X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOHOO! I quit my job.

I am hereby on a paid 8 week vacation.

I am happier than a pig in shit.

I guess I should start looking for a job.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Congrats man! I think about quitting my job every day, but my family, home, and tons of bills just doesn't allow it.

Comment

paid 8 weeks????

WTF? I gotta move to Canada..

Looking for a better job myself.. burnt out on this shit..

Comment

Dude,
        Way to go!!! You are now a candidate to be a high ranking officer in my slacker club Zeegs. You could be the minister of drumming up some donero for all the essentials here at the house.-lol
        I feel like a proud father right now, I'm tearing up here-lol Congratulations once again!!!!!
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          Dude,
          Way to go!!! You are now a candidate to be a high ranking officer in my slacker club Zeegs. You could be the minister of drumming up some donero for all the essentials here at the house.-lol
          I feel like a proud father right now, I'm tearing up here-lol Congratulations once again!!!!!
          Goddamit Tommy, I swear, if I could I'd be on a plane this afternoon.

For now, I'm getting high and drinking a giant gin and tonic.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
            paid 8 weeks????

WTF? I gotta move to Canada..

Looking for a better job myself.. burnt out on this shit..
            Damn right dude. I've worked here 8 fucking years, which means I'm maxed out for severance pay. ! week for each year up to a maximum of 8. I was perfectly reasonable about it too. I gave 8 weeks notice, and they said I could leave today! So I get 8 weeks paid 100%!

YEEHAW!!!!

Comment

What kind of job did you have? I have quit a few jobs in my lifetime and none of them gave me a dime. I always thought severance pay was given when a company lets you go due to downsizing or for other reasons, but for quitting? Good for you, Zeegs!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I havent worked in 4 months and would have to say I havent been happier. I dont think I am ready to go back any time soon.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                  What kind of job did you have? I have quit a few jobs in my lifetime and none of them gave me a dime. I always thought severance pay was given when a company lets you go due to downsizing or for other reasons, but for quitting? Good for you, Zeegs!
                  Well technically, if you quit, it is your option to give notice, but the employer can also opt to have you leave immediately, but then has to pay your wages in lieu of notice. If I said I quit today, and walked out, I would get jack shit. Because I gave 8 weeks notice first, and they opted to let me go, they still have to pay my 8 weeks.

Comment

You sound like another possible officer in my buzzard club Scotty. membership does require no employment for 6 months or more, with no unemployment checks coming in either, only true hoboing here, it's fun and it's quite interesting-lol
                    I'm really glad I see my influence has been filtering to others on this board-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Well technically, if you quit, it is your option to give notice, but the employer can also opt to have you leave immediately, but then has to pay your wages in lieu of notice. If I said I quit today, and walked out, I would get jack shit. Because I gave 8 weeks notice first, and they opted to let me go, they still have to pay my 8 weeks.
                      Oh, I get it now. I just never realised it worked like that. I am wondering if it is the same in the US. Not that I am quitting my job. But in the past, I have given 2 weeks notice and been told I could leave at the time I gave notice. Never got paid then either.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats, zeegs. I've been off on paid medical leave since July 20th. I actually bought a beach rag yesterday, tommy.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I work in the music industry. . .

pay = s*!t

perks = priceless!

Good luck Zeegler, are you stayin' up there?
                          JvicE

Comment

Now that the Looney is at par with the Buck, I would suggest a trip down under. Buy yourself a guitar and worry about it later.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I quit my last job on August 23rd and started a new one on August 27th directly across the hall from my old job. Didn't give notice, just shot an email resignation, turned in my keys and split. They were pissed!!!! They didn't want to give me my last paycheck and then they found out they actually owed me 2 paychecks because of all the vacation they never let me use. i got the paychecks. Then I really got em good when I cashed in my stock options a few weeks ago. I'm waiting on a pretty fat check from them, might be a new Soloist in my near future

I now work Sunday thru Thursday from 3 PM to 11:30 PM. I love it. I play guitar and slack during the day and I have off on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm kicking back right now with a 7 Up on the rocks. Still sober and loving every minute of it!!

Enjoy your time off Zeegs and congrats on stickin' it to the man!!!
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X