Horse Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Racing

Anyone else here follow the sport of kings? I'm going to the Breeder's Cup this month and am super stoked!

But I'm also really sad about what happened to Teuflesberg at Keeneland yesterday

The Breeders cup Day is possibly better than Christmas for me. I grew up 10 minutes from belmont, the third race for the triple crown, but breeders cup day is the shit!!!! All the best horses of the year in one place racing all day, and wagering is on the menu. I fukkin' love the track, it was the only place i never caught shit for being unemployed during the 80's-lol
    I was thinking about writing a book called- "Handicapping for Kids" as on some days we would see some father or grandfather who got stuck with their son or daughter, or worse, multiples of both, so in order to keep them quiet, this book might sell 2 or 3 copies possibly-lol
    I still like the idea. Good luck , I won't bother to tell you to have a killer day, that's a given. I've got Hollywood Park, Santa Anita, and for basically August only, Del Mar in San Diego. When i made mad cash, i was always paying a visit to the track. What an ingenius place the track is. Tell me how you do . Where are they holding it this year?
    I'll take a $50.00 exacta Box, I'll wheel "Dead Legs" with the whole field and see if he finishes the race-lol
    Thankyou.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was on a huge racing kick about 8 years ago when I was in college... went to Del Mar about 2-3 times a week. After like 2 or 3 of the horses I bet on had to be put down, it took a lot of the fun out of it (not the lost money, but that slight guilty feeling). When I was going though, it was a blast. I saw Silver Charm get like 4th or 5th in a 6 horse race... all the people that had bet to show were basically weeping on the way out. I bet on some random horse to show and it paid more than a win because the pool was so big... good times .

Comment

We bet on dogs around these parts. Not Vick style. Legit dog racing.

Comment

Working...
        X