X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
    east bound and down, loaded up and truckin
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!
    Ah I would put my fathers 72 El Camino SS tubbed out with a 454 drag motor 950 hp built by "The Professors" engine builder with a BDS blower drive system and for only 4k more he added the fuel injection system to get his gas milage up tp 6 mpg
    I always loved these Birds but never owned one-Ah maybe one day

Comment

In that pic it is Burt driving as well! Hooyaa!

chuck
      Last edited by Chasbo; 10-08-2007, 08:26 PM.
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
        In that pic it is Burt driving as well! Hooyaa!

chuck
        That's what I thought I saw as well!
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

I had a gold 77 T/A and it was the worst car I ever had.Front brake calipers froze up and locked the front brakes.Carrier bearing in the rear end came apart and broke the ring gear.Windsheild leaked.
          Heater motor went out 3 times in 2 years,rattled like an old Studebaker.Oh and the T-tops leaked.Mine was a POS.
          BTW I bought it new.My 1st and last Pontiac.Traded it for a 74 Olds cutlass(triple black) and a 56 Chevy(piss yellow)with a 327 small block 30 over and a 4 speed.
          Last edited by straycat; 10-09-2007, 02:31 AM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My dream is a '82 Trans Am since the first time I saw knight rider as a little kid
            I'm seriously looking for one of those here in Germany

Comment

There was a whole thing in Hot rod mag last month that did a big tribute to the bandit T/A and followed a run to get Coors beer just like the movie with a bunch of old T/A's. It was a fun article.

Comment

Yeah, I like a lot fo the stuff they did, but, the headlights have to go. The hacked in truck headlights look....well......hacked in. That car needs 4 sealed beam lights across the front to look right.The round driving lights need to be rectangular as well.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Wassup Lou!!!

People here said 120K-140K ain't bad..That's when I spewed my soda all over myself and burned my sinus cavity..thank you..you fuckers!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

nice ride i think i'll buy 2 of them.

Comment

I'll build a car for 10k that will put the "Star Trek" on the 120k Bandit. Of course, it won't turn..and it won't stop well...but is that really important?

I love Detroit Iron but shit has gotten out of hand. There is a whole new generation of people with cash, yearning for their youth or nostalgic for something they didn't even experience the first time around, that have driven the market for these fun pieces of shit through the roof. The majority of these cars that are out there commanding 4x the typical American's yearly salary were nothing more than garbage when they were new. The prices just floor me. I paid $4500 for my RESTORED '65 GTO in 1986. I bought a W-31 '70 Cutlass Ragtop for $3500 in 1992.....try buying those now.

Fun cars, yes. Good cars? Not really.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I have had 3 trans ams and a 70 mach 1

The mach I restored from the ground up and within the 7 years I owned it the value or resale quadrupled.

Mine sold at Barret Jackson for just shy of 50k. I had less than 10 into it.

The cars can still be had for reasonable prices you just have to fix em up and restore most of em.
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thats My Main Love,,,Cars. I really Never liked the Trans-Am. I can deal with the Firehawks,and the WS6 of the recent though,but I dont like how they sit(The seat) you on the ground. I NEED alittle view.I had a Friend who sold his Red 1977 recently for ~$2000(and That alone was in the engine,he was running 12's).He constantly needed parts for it(Body,Interior).The person(A Jerk) who he sold it to was trying to get more parts from him on the delivery,thinking he was going to get EVERYTHING!!!! As for the comments about how Detroit Iron has sky-rocketed, I have watched the rise and fall of Vehicle Prices,and you are right.People want to re-live their youth,and either they had the car,or always wanted it. It is going to get silly In the future with The Grand Nashes,GMC Syclone/Typhoons,ANYTHING That says "Shelby"(Including GLH Omni's) and believe it or not,The 199-2000 Civic Si's and Acura Integra Type R's WILL be the same way,,,, they WILL be worth money,,,,as long as they are stock. Those poor cars are soo hacked up now, finding a "Virgin" is gonna be soo hard. I remember back in 1991 Camaro's/Chevelle's/Mustangs/20's-30's Hot Rods were the rage and You couldnt Even Pay someone to take their Mopar(How things change) ,but I had a 1974 Nova That had ABSOLUTLEY NO rust on it I bought for $50.00 back in 1991(When I was a Junior) It was primer Gray(No Rust,NO Bondo,just Primer and that Ugly Green mist color),Had Deep Dish Cragars on the back,regular Cragars up front,and a few performance parts on it.The Motor was seized.(Yes I had another 350 for that bad boy,but "Gave"the car away(Long story) I had a Chance Back in 1990 To Buy a 1971 Yellow(Arent they all) Mach 1 (351C)for $1000 Running with No Rust. The worst Deal I passed up,was,I walked by this "Car"everyday when I was growing up,and One day I asked My Sisters Friend to see if this owner would sell it.It said "Mustang" and was a Ugly Pea-Green color.but the taillights looked weird.They looked like the Horizontal Camaro type.Well the Sis friend told me it was a "Special" Mustang and the Guy wanted $800 for it,but it wasnt running. I told her"I dont care what Kinda Mustang it is ,,I aint paying $800 for that" well turns out to be ,,,,,,a SHELBY!!!!!!! THAT dawned on me YEARS later what it was,,and well you live and you learn. Sometimes if you find the" Deal of a Century" act on instinct,,,,Buy it,sit on it for awhile. I Really like the Imports and Alot of the older "Super Stock/Drag Race"cars from the early 60's, I would LOVE to have a Ford Thunderbolt/Catalina"swiss-cheese"/409 Biscayne,or even a C.O.P.O Camaro(Or better yet)a 427 C.O.P.O Nova!!!
                          HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
                          Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                          (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                          Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
                          Boss TU-2
                          2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
                          1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
                          1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

How appropriate they got Burt Reynolds cruisin' in it.
                            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                              I have had 3 trans ams and a 70 mach 1

The mach I restored from the ground up and within the 7 years I owned it the value or resale quadrupled.

Mine sold at Barret Jackson for just shy of 50k. I had less than 10 into it.

The cars can still be had for reasonable prices you just have to fix em up and restore most of em.
                              So you're the one that's to blame for me not being able to get another Mach 1 for a realistic price. I had two, and now if it's sitting up on blocks in a field, it's automatically worth 10k.... Oh, well, it's the buyer's driving up those prices.
                              The T/A blows my mind. My neighbor across the street literally gave one away three years ago. I was going to give him 500 for it, but had too many cars at the time. It was a black '92 T-Top in workable condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X