Yankees are done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees are done....

Well, all the high hopes of making it into the playoffs after their horrendous start are gone. The better team won. It wasn't the gnats in Game 2, it was the damn termites eating into the Yankee bats throughout the series. I knew they were done last night when Jeter hit into the double play with bases loaded. Congrats to the Indians....I can only hope you beat the Red Sox.

Hopefully, though this will finally be the year that real changes are made in the Bronx. Their reliance on aged pitchers really bit them in the ass this year. And Wang is NOT a #1 starter,even if he's won 19 games two years in a row. Can they get Santana from the Twins?? Maybe....however they can't count on that happening. Hughes, Kennedy and Chamberlain should all make the big league club next year and be starting pitchers. Jettison Mussina to some other team...he's done. And the biggest question mark....will A-Rod be back? Should be an interesting off-season.

As sad as it may sound and be... it is time to clean house.
    Out with the old (not easy to do) veen though they were giant Yankees. But Mo, Jorge, Roger have to go.
    Jason better take take his 'roid ass outta town, can't play D and can't hit lately.
    ARod, as good of a player he is in the reg. season. The Yankees are all about post season. Can't take, too fragile mentally and too much money tied into him.

Don't get me wrong, the Yanks are my team and this is not morning after rage. It is time to clean and tidy up the house. Make room for younger players and complement with choice free-agent character players.

Remember when we brought Paul O'Neill in? David Cone? Joe Girardi? Scott Brosious?
    They all complemented a home grown batch of Jeter, Bernie W., Jorge P., Andy P., Mo, etc. The result was a dinasty.
    Do we have such a home grwon batch again? WTF knows?!
    But we have P. Hughes, Joba, R. Cano, M. Cabrer, etc. a decent core of young players. Still have Jeter as the Cap. and go from there.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

BTW,
      I do believe we gotta keep Torre.
      He kept the team together after such a horrendous start and lead the team on a memorable second half run.
      He is a heck of a coach. Last time I checked he did not turtle up with men in scoring position and one out (in the playoff) like ARod, Giambi and Co.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        BTW,
        I do believe we gotta keep Torre.
        He kept the team together after such a horrendous start and lead the team on a memorable second half run.
        He is a heck of a coach. Last time I checked he did not turtle up with men in scoring position and one out (in the playoff) like ARod, Giambi and Co.
        That's true...I just think that what got them the most recent championships was the hit and run, stealing bases; small ball. Seems Torre got away from that and relied on the boppers too much. Their lineup is a bunch of sluggers with no true leadoff guy. Jeter is not a leadoff guy and neither is Damon. They did need to outslug a lot of teams though with their pitching this year.

I hope Pettite comes back for one more year. Play some small ball with the young kids, Cano, Cabrera, Duncan and get great starting pitching from Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Pettite and Wang. Heck, make a run at Santana and see if you can give up something to get him from the Twins.

I do ARod will run away from new York. He knows he's not cut out for that city. He'd rather be a star on a team that sniffs the playoffs every year, while putting up the great numbers and the fans have no expectations of a World Series. Wait! That sounds like the Cubs....

Comment

I feel bad for Torre... dude is probably going to lose his job, and he doesn't deserve it imo.

Comment

I'm sapped of all energy whatsoever.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm not a Yankee fan at all, but between both (Cubs and Yankees).
              Neither seemed to care enough to win, even though they both have the talented athletes too win and advance, it was really disturbing to see athletes that definitely could have won, seem to not care enough to bother with winning. Not good, not good at all.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!

Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

What brought the Yankees their dominance over the rest of theleague for many years was due to them having the horses to take care of everything. They had the best pitching period.
                  Jimmy Key
                  Cone
                  Wells
                  Pettitte
                  El Duque
                  Clemens
                  Wetteland
                  Jeff Nelson
                  Mike Stanton
                  Ramiro Mendoza
                  and the Panamanian Destruction
                  RIVERA, the MVP for many , many seasons.
                  Fukkin' team looked so complacent the whole God damned series. It ws a joke of a performance, and i'm still staring at a blank t.v. in confusion.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah the Yanks let me down too.I'm not a sore loser.The Indians outplayed them and they deserve to move on.A-Rod did nothing,Jeter wasnt hitting either.They soo many chances to score with "RISP" and didnt, you have to take avantage of those situtions and they did'nt.
                    They were like 0-22,barely any hits????? The Indians lumped them up.Only Mariano Rivera did well and shut them down,but without offense. . they seemed to be behind all of the time.
                    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Just remembered I have a ballcap signed by Cone.

I'm an Indians-fan myself so I'm happy :P

Comment

Rumor is Arod is going to leave town... it would be SWEET to see the Phillies pick him up and use him at 3rd (thus allowing them to get rid of Nunez/Noneyet). However, I doubt they would pay him what he wants, plus I don't know how he would be in that club house. It would also guarantee Rowand would not be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                          I'm not a Yankee fan at all, but between both (Cubs and Yankees).
                          Neither seemed to care enough to win, even though they both have the talented athletes too win and advance, it was really disturbing to see athletes that definitely could have won, seem to not care enough to bother with winning. Not good, not good at all.

If the Cubs win they lose. Seriously what would be the intrigue of the Cubs if they didn't have such a long losing drought? You would lose the whole mystic of being a Cub fan if they win one. The Cubs are about heartbreak and losing if they win they are just like everyone else just plain vanilla and not that interesting. The cubs are not like the Red Sox who always danced with victory they are endearing because of the fact they are so so bad.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                            Rumor is Arod is going to leave town... it would be SWEET to see the Phillies pick him up and use him at 3rd (thus allowing them to get rid of Nunez/Noneyet). However, I doubt they would pay him what he wants, plus I don't know how he would be in that club house. It would also guarantee Rowand would not be back.

He could end up on the Southside of Chicago. Crede could end up with the Yankees.
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                              He could end up on the Southside of Chicago. Crede could end up with the Yankees.
                              Oh God, please don't say that.....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X