Who has hearing loss and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Argos View Post
    Tinnitus in both ears. Sucks. At least I have a cool rock and roll story though: I got it from a Manowar concert. Loudest band on Earth, mother fuckers!

Interestingly enough all of my hearing test reports come back quite good.
    You really got tinnitus from one concert?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      You really got tinnitus from one concert?
      Yeah. Manowar plays at 120+ decibels. Too bad I didn't know that at the time .

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        I dont have any and I was checked out a year or so ago. I had an inner ear / sinus infection that was throwing off my balance.
        same problem here! It still flares up occasionally. It would press down on my teeth so it felt like my wisdoms were playing up, would make it difficult to focus because of the pressure on my eyes, and would send me deaf, particularly during the humidity of summer. And then I got it fixed up (multiple courses of antibiotics, among other treatments), and voila! Could hear and see again.

Although this winter it has started up again.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          same problem here! It still flares up occasionally. It would press down on my teeth so it felt like my wisdoms were playing up, would make it difficult to focus because of the pressure on my eyes, and would send me deaf, particularly during the humidity of summer. And then I got it fixed up (multiple courses of antibiotics, among other treatments), and voila! Could hear and see again.

Although this winter it has started up again.
          Of course the antibiotics were helpful for other flared up areas too, hey Gary?.....:ROTF:

Comment

that's what the topical cream was for.

bastage.....
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I was born with only 1 eardrum, the right one. I've lost 20% hearing in it from loud concerts & my guitar playing, aswell as headphones waaaay To loud. I've never known what true stereo sounds like. Much the reason for my limited guitar abillity. never developed an Ear. :ROTF:
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Heavy gun fire, loud work environment,headphones. Some concerts were too loud but not many most were just right.Oh and a bitchy Ex wife 2 kids.My current wife say I have selective hearing and don't listen to her.Maybe thats why she left last year.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think i also have some hearing loss, never got it tested. When i was younger i used to play loud metal on my headphones. I once fell asleep completely drunk with my walkman on max volume... It was on a bus and everyone could hear it. Instead of just shutting off the walkman they ignored it...
                  1 month ago I fell with my ear on a surfboard and got my eardrum pierced, so this didn't help either
                  During the time this healed i was almost deaf on my other ear for some reason, but now it's slowly returning to normal. I do have less problems with tinnitus now
                  Last edited by SlasZ; 10-10-2007, 03:19 AM.

Comment

yeah, the worst thing i ever did was shoot a 44 mag with a house 5 feet behind me. and i found out how sound bounces off of a house and into your eardrum. it felt like someone stuck a knife in my eardrum and my ear got muffled for a long time. fortunately my hearing came back about an hour later. but that is one scary feeling i thought i was going to be deaf in that ear for life.

Comment

Is there any cure for tinnitus?

Comment

Eat a bullet.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Mine comes from too much wanking.

Oh no, hang on, that's not right, that's why I can't see very well.

Apart from natural age-related high register loss, I've been pretty lucky. Not very rock 'n' roll but I use earplugs, and when watching gigs don't do stupid things like stand in front of FOH stacks. Not letting people shout in your ear in noisy environments helps, get them to shout behind your ear.

Get some proper moulded earplugs, they cost a few bob but well worth it, they cut volume across the range without altering the sound make-up. Pretty invaluable to me really, since my job relies on my hearing, and I can still feel a nice meaty kick drum in my chest.
                          I no longer use a very experienced engineer because he has hardly any top-end register, you will see the audience pinned to the back wall and compression drivers smoking, all because he can't hear it and winds it up. He still doesn't quite understand that part of his register is gone, it doesn't mean he will hear it if it is louder, bless him.
                          It's quite difficult to tell a good engineer he is pretty useless at the age of 50 (yes yes, I know, I should tell him VERY LOUDLY)
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                          X