Carcass Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carcass Reunion

I am probably the only one (or one of the few) here who's happy about this. Read about it here:

Maybe they will even write new material. Although i fear a bit that it will be like the new dissection, Cool but not in the vein of the older stuff.
    Anyway maybe they will tour after wacken.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

I'm really pumped for this. I thought it would never happen!

I like it when bands progress. Granted the new Dissection wasn't my favorite, I can always pop in the old albums and get that need addressed.

I'm hoping they build on the trend they were headed which was into more of guitar centered band rather than the crusty grind of there first few. Don't get me wrong, I really like the crusty stuff, but I always wondered where they were going after Swansong.

Comment

Yeah i pretty much think the same. Although i love their grind stuff i still think that Heartwork is their best work. One of the very few bands that got much better while getting softer.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Cool. However, I'm not sure I get what they're saying about Ken Owen's involvement in the reunion?

Comment

I wonder why the name of this thread made me think of a mass grave with bunches of dead bodies piled together...... :/

(which is probably what the place will look like after the show )
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Hell Feckin' Yeah!!
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Ohh I remember the Original(The 3 Piece band) Carcass. Thats cool they are Reuniting!
              HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
              Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
              (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
              Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
              Boss TU-2
              2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
              1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
              1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Happy guy here too, I had already ordered my Wacken ticket for next year (two days before this years Wacken). Now with that announcement I wouldn't sell it for anything! ...well maybe...
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I've only heard Heartwork but I really like it. Would be cool to hear more in that vein

Comment

I'm really happy about this too. Hopefully they'll write some new material, but anyone who's heard the Firebird albums (Steers' band) would surely think it unlikely. If anyone likes old Cream albums and rocking guitar playing, you should check them out.

"Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious" is my favorite Carcass album and one of my favorite albums period. If you like Heartwork, you should like it.

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    Cool. However, I'm not sure I get what they're saying about Ken Owen's involvement in the reunion?
                    Ken Owen had a brain haemorrhage in 1999. He ended up in a coma. It looked like he would die, but he didn't. He had to undergo severe physical therapy afterwards. I heard that he started playing drums again a year or so ago, but that he's not up to playing "properly" yet. I guess they're just saying the won't go on-stage for a reunion without him being there, even if he's not laying down the smack.

He's on the far right here in a picture taken during a meet-up regarding the Death tribute album. Name these grindcore artists (and yes, that is a horrendous tassled brown leather jacket: yikes).

Last edited by ken; 10-11-2007, 05:30 AM.

Comment

FUCK!!!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bollocks to the Led Zep reunion - this is what we want!

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          I heard that he started playing drums again a year or so ago, but that he's not up to playing "properly" yet. I guess they're just saying the won't go on-stage for a reunion without him being there, even if he's not laying down the smack.
                          Thanks for the info. I was aware of Ken's health problems....just wasn't sure what they meant when they said they'd push some sticks in his hands....sounds like they just want his presence there. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

It's gonna be cool as hell!!!
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I recognize the bassist from Napalm in that picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X