Gore wins a Noble Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore wins a Noble Prize

I'm not sure how to take this, but it is pretty cool but warming.:ROTF: Of course, I misspelled (sp) it.:ROTF: Its like Squier and Squire.
    Last edited by fett; 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

What a joke. If he was so big on global warming he would be driving a Honda Civic, and living in a small house that doesn't have a $1,000+ electric bill. IMO, the current theory on global warming sucks. No good theory can simultaneously prove and disprove itself.*

*Note I am not leaving my view on if global warming neutral.

Comment

I heard on the news (if you can believe the news) that a school system is required to inform students of the 11 mis-truths in his movie if they choose to show it to students. So is his movie fiction or non-fiction? Either way, it's good to see Al Gore at least win something. NOT!

Comment

A lot of it is opinion.
        The Nobel prize has lost it's true meaning many years ago, so this is no surprise.
        -Rick

Comment

I'll fire up the GT and burn a few gallons in his honor.:ROTF:
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Is Gore noble of winning a Nobel? :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and he invented the internet.....
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

He get's $750,000 for his trouble. It's the 3000 dudes on that committee (sp) that have to divide the other half.

Comment

Everytime I hear Gore's name I can't help but think how better of the U.S. (and world) would be had he not been robbed in '00.

Comment

The reason he won the Nobel prize about this is because this is going to be a big issue going forward. Whether you believe "global warming" is happening or not the rest of the western world thinks it is, and is setting policy accordingly. Notice how its only us Americans in here spouting claims of BS. Personally, I think it has been unfortunately branded as "global warming", it should be called "global climate change" as the theory doesn't state that temperatures everywhere will rise uniformly, it just states that average temperatures, taken over the entire planet, will rise. This is apparently true, and even most people opposed to taking any action will acknowledge this. The new position of the anti-action crowd is that global warming is good:

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                    and he invented the internet.....
                    I'm glad to see that this piece of BS is alive and well

Gore never said he invented the internet:

Despite decades of media mirth-making about the supposed statement, former vice president Al Gore never claimed he "invented the Internet."

By the way, way to stir the pot, Fett :ROTF:
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

What? I heard the news at 1AM PDT via the BBC. I was amazed. This is news whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        What? I heard the news at 1AM PDT via the BBC. I was amazed. This is news whether you like it or not.
                        I agree that this is news. I was just referring to the predictable emergence of the global warming naysayers. Sorry
                        "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          A lot of it is opinion.
                          The Nobel prize has lost it's true meaning many years ago, so this is no surprise.
                          The Oscar has been worthless at least since Rocky beat Taxi Driver and probably before that. Gore won one of those too

Comment

Gore's a douche, I love the episode of the Simpsons where Clinton is still in office and Al's measuring for new drapes. And don't forget the bear man pig, he's super serial

http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I'm no Gore. Maybe a bore. But, I started a thread months ago about Global Warming. It was all BBC and I wondered why we, at that time, were not on their same page. I have been vindicated.

Comment

Working...
                              X