New Trek Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trek Movie

Yes, I know that the Trek franchise has become a bloated and lifeless monster, but this next movie could be the one to kick it back into shape!
    We're going back to Jim Kirk and the original crew this time. Hopefully it'll be a re-invention of the story, much like Batman Begins...

Not all the cast has been confirmed, but we have got Zachary "Sylar" Quinto as Spock, John Cho (Harold and Kumar) as Sulu, and best of all, Simon Pegg as Scotty!

As a disillusioned one-time Trekkie, I'm really stoked about this one!

The wife and I liked Enterprise. Shame it was cancelled.

Comment

Wow, I hadn't heard of this! thanks for posting. I will see it for sure.
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        The wife and I liked Enterprise. Shame it was cancelled.
        Yeah, the ending was disjointed and I didn't really dig the way they did it. But then, they had a 7-year plan and then had to wrap up in Season 4.

I wonder who will play James Tiberius Kirk? Yeoman Rand?

I would love to see a series based on the 29th-century Federation that had time-travel as we saw on a couple of Voyager episodes, too. But I think the Trek series franchise is done for quite some time now, sadly. I would watch new Star Trek varieties happily for the rest of my life if they could keep up the standards the preceding series have set.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm concerned about how the inter-play between Kirk, Spock and Bones will play out with the new guys - also I heard Nimoy will have a cameo?
          Strat God Music
          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

It'd be cool if they re-imagine the whole Trek universe, making it a bit more "down and dirty", much like what they've done to Battlestar Galactica or Firefly.
            I can't wait to see what the Enterprise looks like!

Comment

Bump to show the latest Bridge/Crew picture!

I've just had a nerdgasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                It'd be cool if they re-imagine the whole Trek universe, making it a bit more "down and dirty", much like what they've done to Battlestar Galactica or Firefly.
                I can't wait to see what the Enterprise looks like!
                Firefly ROCKS
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Mmmm, first knee-jerk reaction....it's gonna suck big time. You simply can not redo Kirk/Spock/Bones/Scotty/Sulu/Uhura. They will either try to be as close to the originals as possible, and fail miserably, or they will try to put a new spin on them, which is possibly even worse.

Having said that, I look forward to seeing it, and I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    Mmmm, first knee-jerk reaction....it's gonna suck big time. You simply can not redo Kirk/Spock/Bones/Scotty/Sulu/Uhura. They will either try to be as close to the originals as possible, and fail miserably, or they will try to put a new spin on them, which is possibly even worse.

Ugg, I agree. This is gonna go over like new Coke.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      Firefly ROCKS
                      Oh hell yes!

Shiny!

Comment

I'm hoping it will revive the franchise.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

G.

Comment

I'm not feeling it - bad idea in my opinion. It's a dead horse, let it be.
                          TNG i wish it never ended - i watch it from begining to end once a year at least, to be perfectly honest i've watched it twice this year in a row, on season 7 ep 18 - oh noes, oh well, maybe time to put Northern Exposure back into rotation

I haven't watched tv in years, it's in the closet with shit piled on it.

Comment

the new one is actually suppose to be a prequel, so having the original cast wouldn't work since they are all older now not to mention Deforest Kelly and James Doohan are both dead.
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

i always hoped for a ds9 movie.
                              yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X