No announcement yet.

New leaked VH Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard about this a few days ago. i don't know if it was "leaked" or if it's really just a promo. Dave's voice ain't like it used to be but damn they are sounding good. Hopefully we'll get a full album soon!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't hear anything original, but it sounded kinda fun. If that is VH, Dave sounds off, maybe that's him? I'd see that show.

Truth is, I don't need new VH material -they can't play all of their great tunes in one show anyway. I am sure I am forgetting a couple of fun ones. Even so, there are some great Hagar era tunes that may not be right for Dave, but are good songs I'd like to see Dave tackle. Ask yourself, with these, do we really need VH getting creative?

Runnin with the Devil
      Jamie's Cryin
      I'm the one
      Feel your love
      Beautiful Girls
      Everybody wants some
      Take your whiskey home
      So this is love
      Pretty woman
      where have all the good times gone
      Unchained
      Mean Street
      Dance the night away
      You really got me
      Jump
      Panama
      Hot for Teacher
      I'll wait
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't know, It kind of sounds like dave in some spots, then sounds like hell in some spots. It does sound like Eddie and Alex, but Eddies lead sounds kinda funky. Could be a band in the genra of VH, or a tribute band.

Comment

obviously you guys who aren't hearing that this is the new VH are exhibiting your extreme hearing loss from all the high volume jamming and shows.

that is totally them.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Honest opinion... I thought it sounded like shit.
            Sounds like a VH cover band.
            Drums were too sloppy to be Alex, guitar was WAY over processed to be Ed.
            The voice... sounds like Dave, but to low in timbre and way overboard on the squeals... even by Dave's standards.

Just my opinion.
            -Rick

Comment

Com'on guys, there is NO way that is Van Halen. I think it is very obvious... the playing is way too stiff sounding. The singer sounds only vaguely like Roth.

I agree that is probably an original tune from a VH tribute band.

Comment

I believe it's a real demo. Screams were dubbed in. Sounds like a rehearsal cut to me....

BTW- I love the tune. That's a fuggin hit in my book. If this is what we should expect from the new album - we're talking massive airwave coverage.
                Strat God Music
                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Honest opinion... I thought it sounded like shit.
                  Sounds like a VH cover band.
                  +1

Comment

Wow..I been sidetracked with insanity and missed this shit.

Anyone have 70's Van Halen demos, outakes, and songs that didn't make the cut. Those sound worse than this. DLR is either On or Off..right?
                    In '96, Dave didn't scream well on "Me Wise Magic", and "Can't get this stuff no more". Then Dave put out DLR w/ John 5 in '98 and his voice sounded completely shot. He said fuggit..then to Vegas/EMT/Radio/-Karaoke-Country/ Then reality..Ed needs me and I need him!!!
                    This sounds like a '96 left over reheasal song. Jamming in a room with condenser mics w/ backups vox dubbed in. Vocals/Screams are over the top, and totally showing off. He's "pitchy", but kudos for hitting the highs!!!
                    Very "RETRO" VH..I hear about it later, IASR, and especially EBWS...w/ the mandatory shoes, and stockings section.
                    The solo purposely avoided EVH's "cliche" tapping 'til the end of the song. I prefer the "heavier" side of Van Halen myself..LUTS, AP, ATBL, IOF, ITO, HFT, HEH, ..ya know????

This song is too "happy" for my taste..but it's "classic" VH..prolly a pre-production rehearsal demo!!!

I googled, youtubed, ect.. nothing popped up.

I need more..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wasn't too sure at first, it sounded "off" a bit. But then, you have to consider it's a demo..not a "mastered" song..it's a bootleg leak. I think it's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                        Com'on guys, there is NO way that is Van Halen. I think it is very obvious...
                        so has your free 357 Zakk Epi arrived yet? :ROTF:
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

That singer sounds nothing like Roth... I think you guys are too geeked up about how well the live shows are going or something. The guitarist sounds like someone trying to sound like Eddie... Its not the real deal.

357 Epi? I knew that was fake too... I didn't buy into that one either.

Comment

Working...
                          X