need some ideas for an english paper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some ideas for an english paper.

i need to write a paper for my 1301 class (college freshman english). It is an open compare and contrast paper. i was thinking about comparing an acoustic to an electric guitar.

Any thoughts?
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

how long does it have to be? do you think you can get the length requirement with the information available on the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
      how long does it have to be? do you think you can get the length requirement with the information available on the topic?
      Max 4 pages. i don't know, that was kinda the point to the thread, for information.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Once you get going you'll breeze through 4 pages.

Similar: both types of musical instuments, same fretting/notes, blah blah

Different: technique to play, type of music, construction, etc

You can come up with a million things

Comment

compare men and women

Comment

Compare students who write their own papers....

with maybe those that buy 'em off the net or something
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              i need to write a paper for my 1301 class (college freshman english). It is an open compare and contrast paper. i was thinking about comparing an acoustic to an electric guitar.

Any thoughts?
              I've done that 2-3 years ago. I made casette tapes vs. CDs. I was against CD usage What ever you do, make sure you clearly state the advantages and disadvantages of both. And try to go in coordination with the rules stated in your book. That's what the english teachers care

Mine was a presentation in fact and everybody got AAs with their silly/shitty presentations just because they complied with the rules

How about Megadeth vs. Metallica?

BMW vs. Mercedes?

Jackson vs. ESP?

Drew Barrymore vs. Paris Hilton?
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

The fleet fingered guitar players of rock in the 80's to the Index finger only tune down to Q minor players of the 90's and and up to current times. You won't be able to properly explain in less than 10 pages though.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Compare the protagonists from Shakespeare's 'The Merchant of Venice' (Antonio) and 'Hamlet' (Hamlet).
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

My suggestion. Don't do the guitar comparison. You'll likely bore the instructor to death, making it more difficult to get a good grade. Like it or not, the grading of papers is subjective and a good topic will take you far.

The aforementioned suggestion on comparing men/women sounds good.

Perhaps compare oral sex/vaginal sex...........lol.....j/k. (hey, it'd be an intersting paper).

Comment

KISS. Keep it simple. Stupid.:ROTF: Seriously. The teach is going to be looking for correct structure, grammer and all that boring basic stuff. Why not compare living on your own vs living at home? That ought to be topical.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        Drew Barrymore vs. Paris Hilton?
                        Now that would be a short paper.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

thanks guys, not you ron......

Comment

Compare Faustus from Christopher Marlowe's Dr. Faustus with Satan in John Milton's Paradise Lost.

Comment

All natural boobs vs. augmented ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X