No announcement yet.

Do you play the guitar in your office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play guitar at work all the time! And fucking LOUD!!! Of course, it's part of my job...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      I play guitar at work all the time! And fucking LOUD!!! Of course, it's part of my job...
      It true..that's what Ace does, and he's getting to know ALOT of heavy hitters in the metal kingdom!!!

I'm retired..I'm in my office right now..but I want to beat my eggplant.

bye!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I work from home so I can do it all the time!
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

When I'm working from home the temptation is too great not to!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            I used to bring a guitar in and play for a half hour during my lunch break. But I got sick of lugging a guitar about every day, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it at work unattended overnight.
            I used to do this as well but I left mine at work. I had an office and would shut the door during lunch and play. I usually played through a headphone unit.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

My boss always has a guitar or two in his office, and he knows that I play as well. So the invitation is always open to come in there on my lunch break and grab a guitar to play. Unfortunately they're acoustic. No amps in the office. I'd love to have a 5150III here just to crank each day for 1/2 hour...lol

Comment

It's not an option for me. The company I work for is 100% business while you are at the office. No fun and games. As a matter of fact, I'm not supposed to be on the internet right now.

Comment

you guys who say "work is for work only" or "no fun and games" or "there's no time", do you get lunch breaks or do you work right through? Or does work dictate what you're allowed to do on your own lunch break, ie. if you want to read while you eat a sandwich, it has to be a technical specs document or something?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Being in the software industry, I see that, I have no specific lunch times or work times assigned for me. I am sometimes working as late as 1 AM fixing some problems. so, I cna come in and go whenever I want. no one cares as long as the work gets done.

however, if I am seen either browsing or doing something non-work related, there are people who think that I am having lots of fun and not working enough. Doesnt matter if Ihave been working my ass off the whole 8 hours and decide to check my yahoo email for 10 mins. if the manager passes by, he's thinking "this guy is spending all day on the internet".

So, if I were to be seen playing the guitar, probably I will get fired. LOL.
                    Sam

Comment

when i was working on grave yard last year, i keeped a Md. 2 under in my cube and a pandora in the desk drawer. back on days now i just cant pull it off as easy.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah, I used to keep gear at the shop to play during my lunch hour. I would always get "looks" from the overlings even though I was playing on what I thought was my time. Maybe I should have a ready to rock rig here at the house and hit it some days during lunch....... Thanks for the reminder!!
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                        X