No announcement yet.

Do you play the guitar in your office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play the guitar in your office?

...or cubicle? or is there anything else like the lil fretty that you use when you are basically feeling bored? I know some have used (or still use) the finger-strengthening tool. But that doesn't seem to do much other than exercise the fingers.
    Sam

I play in my office at home, but if you are referring to work I wish. There are times I am stuck on calls at my desk that I could just fall asleep I am so bored.

Comment

I used to have a head and a cabinet in my office years ago. It was great.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Since I office out of my home, I play whenever the mood strkies me.

And what is this finger-strengthening tool you speak of?
        1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Jackson SLATQH
        Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
        Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
        Jackson DKMGT (project)
        Kramer Focus 1000
        Ibanez SDGR Bass
        Ovation Celebrity
        Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
          And what is this finger-strengthening tool you speak of?
          The gripmaster.
          Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flames Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

And yeah, I mean playing guitar or doing something to help improve your guitar-playing, at work... not at your home office.
          Sam

Comment

I don't have room for a guitar, so I just play the Upright Organ :0
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I used to at my old job. I kept my Agile LP2500 and a POD XT in my office. Had the POD hooked up to my computer speakers.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

nah.

I have a pretty serious job so when I'm at work I work, and when I'm off then I play, and play hard.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I used to. Then I got promotoed to manager and I thought it looked bad if I was sitting around playing guitar, even during lunch. So I brought it home.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    nah.

I have a pretty serious job so when I'm at work I work, and when I'm off then I play, and play hard.
                    Yeah, I have LOTS of work to do too. I am a build and release engineer and often, I'm running these builds which take some time to run and until it completes, I cannot proceed. I usually browse at that time, but thought I could do something else better.
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Yeah, I have LOTS of work to do too. I am a build and release engineer and often, I'm running these builds which take some time to run and until it completes, I cannot proceed. I usually browse at that time, but thought I could do something else better.
                      I am the boss at my work and I also have periods of free time, but I just can't mix work and play quite that much. although my people at work do know I play, as I've brought my guitars in here and there if I'm going straight to rehearsal after work, can't leave em in a hot car all day.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

My "office" is a steel mill. A bit dfficult to hear the nuances of harmonic overtones there. Even in the actual "office", there is too much work to do.
                        If my job offered that much free time, I'd quit.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
                          I don't have room for a guitar, so I just play the Upright Organ :0
                          :ROTF:

Comment

I used to bring a guitar in and play for a half hour during my lunch break. But I got sick of lugging a guitar about every day, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it at work unattended overnight.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I used to walk to work (a bit over two miles each way) when I was in my early 20's, and I took my twelve string acoustic to play it on the way to work (and back home) plus at break/lunch times. Every day the sun was out, that is.

I got lots of honks and thumbs up along the way. It was a nice distraction and time seemed to fly faster, even though it actually took me a few minutes longer to get to work and back home...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X