There should be a law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a law

I usually avoid conversations about politics or religion, but I am going out on a limb here. Basically I am just blowing some steam.

I saw this freak of nature on TV last night. Not once did he mention the bible or a scripture. He just showed clips of healing and asking viewers to call in for his FREE miracle water. I became so enraged with this evangelist that I picked up the phone and was ready to chew out who ever answered the phone and give them a piece of my mind.
    I feel for people that believe in these type of criminals. So many people believe that they are cured that they don’t receive the medical treatment they should be receiving. How does this make people better? Apparently lining their own pockets is more important than peoples welfare. Maybe that is why most of these guys always talk about money. Do they not have a conscience?
    These people are banking and making their money off of others people’s fears and weaknesses. The speaker I saw last night was Peter Popoff. This is what Wiki says about him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff In 1987 he was making 4.3 million dollars a month.
    After calling the number on the screen I was welcomed by a answering machine, which I hung up on. I went online and found this. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/popoffback.html This explains the Miracle Water. There should be a law to stop these people from stealing from the innocent and putting them in medical harm. This guy is not the only one by no means. HBO had a show about these guys several years ago.
    Just one more guitar!

I think retards who buy this shit should be illeagal
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Eh, can't get excited, these guys are small time time clowns compared to global warming evangelists. At least these guys only prey upon those who seek them out. Man made climate change zealots are stealing from everyone now and everyones' future.

Comment

What about those "psychic hotlines", they make millions improvising bullshit over the phone. They get away from the law by stating that it's for "entertainment purposes only".... what a joke.

So if there was a law against these kinds of ripoffs, you can be pretty sure they'd find a way around it pretty fast.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I called in one of the televangelist numbers back in the 80's and asked the person on the phone if they volunteered to got paid to answer the phone. His response was "umm, ahhh, just a second". He went and talked to someone, and came back with the answer of "yes, we do get paid".

I thought that was telling...
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

In a few hundred years, humans will look back at this time period with utter confusion about how such a large percentage of the world population believed in the supernatural fairy tales that organized religion puts forth as "the truth".

It will not be too much different from the way we can shake our heads and laugh now at the fact that only a few hundred years ago Americans were burning each other at the stake because they were *sure* that they were witches. In time, the supernatural aspects (e.g. big white man with a beard watching your every move) of religion will fall by the wayside, and the evangelist thieves along with it.

Of course, stupid people will always give their money to those willing to prey on them.
            Last edited by Big D; 10-16-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Damn,I can't believe Popoff is back after what happened in the 80's. This guy is the worst kind of scum, I liken him to the "psychics" who pretend to talk to the dead for a fee to grieving families. But this guy went beyond that with his "faith healing" crap in the 80's by pretending to help people beat cancer, etc.

He got caught by having his wife read him what people wrote on "prayer cards" through a wireless headset, which was busted by using a scanner.

Here's a youtube vid of that happening :

James Randi, best known as a skeptic of pseudoscience, debunked popular myths for "J.C." on the "T.Show". The second in the series of clips shows him blowin...

These people disgust me, and I hope they all die a fiery, painful death.

Comment

Here is another vid from Inside Edition
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                  these guys are small time time clowns compared to global warming evangelists. At least these guys only prey upon those who seek them out. Man made climate change zealots are stealing from everyone now and everyones' future.
                  that was very well put.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                    (big white man with a beard watching your every move)

You rang?

:ROTF:
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                      Man made climate change zealots are stealing from everyone now and everyones' future.
                      Yeah, so Gore sold a few thousand copies of his conservation-themed book (oh-no), but I'm preeeeeeetty sure that he fell shy of the $380+ billion that Exxon makes EVERY YEAR. Who is stealing from our future exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        You rang?

:ROTF:

We'll need to get a religous person here with intimate knowledge of their super-natural beings to verify....but I'm just guessing you look much more like SATAN than God.

Comment

In a few hundred years,
                          Who is stealing from our future exactly?
                          Future... hundred years.... :ROTF:

"It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I found a few more nasty links about busted evangelists but this is funny.
                            *****IMPORTANT Video Responses:*****http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mABwAqcTseMhttp://www.youtube.com//watch?v=Z8xxFQczi4Ehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMlq...
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

These people are truely despicable. However, the idiots that fall for this stupid shit, well, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them. Maybe I can find a list of all the people that fall for this crap, then I can send them some letters from Nigeria and tell them that God told me that they would help me get my money. LOL.
                              My Toys:
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                              '94 Dinky HX in Black
                              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                              X