No announcement yet.

There should be...or is there already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be...or is there already?

...a voice controlled television! I am feeding the kid and as she is falling asleep I find out that I cant reach the television nor the remote control to bring the vol down. I wish I could say "volume down" and the volume would lower. Or I could say "Change Channel" and I can watch Police Chases.
    Sam

Well you could hook up The Clapper to the tv
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well, that would turn the tv off. No one's turning the tv off! :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

bah, you'd have to yell "VOLUME DOWN" so loud and so many times you'll end up waking up the entire block
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I'd be yelling "Cut!!!" "stunt Cock!!! we got a low clearance clit here, let's get going people, let's go !!!!" -sorry lost my head. Was on the set there for a minute, where's the fluffer?
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I hate those boosted comercials that are 10 louder than the program your watching. I'm scrambling for the remote, that I'm laying on..WTF??!!

Tommy..AWESOME line..meetcha at my home!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              I hate those boosted comercials that are 10 louder than the program your watching. I'm scrambling for the remote, that I'm laying on..WTF??!!

Tommy..AWESOME line..meetcha at my home!
              Get yourself a TV or receiver with volume normalisation...I hate loud commercials too...

...one thing Monty Python wanted but were never allowed to do was have every subsequent skit at a slightly lower volume, so having people turn their TVs up more and more until...BOOM! Back to full volume

Comment

Originally posted by KMud View Post
                Get yourself a TV or receiver with volume normalisation...I hate loud commercials too...

...one thing Monty Python wanted but were never allowed to do was have every subsequent skit at a slightly lower volume, so having people turn their TVs up more and more until...BOOM! Back to full volume
                That's funny I was thinking about John Cleese advertising Magnavox "smart TV" some years ago..that kept your volume level..and it poofed!!

I'll check into that volume thingy..Those loud commercials suck ass!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If the TV was voice activated, then what would happen if the show you were watching said "turn off the T.V.!" ?

And Orgazmo is a fantastic movie. "Quick! To the Orgazmobile!" "What?" "My Buick Century!"
                  Scott

Comment

If the TV was voice activated, then what would happen if the show you were watching said "turn off the T.V.!" ?
                    Haha, good one, didn't think about that. then every commercial would start with "VOLUME MAX! VOLUME MAX!"
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Sam

Comment

Working...
                      X