Remembering My First "Band"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering My First "Band"

I remember My first Band.I jammed with alot of people prior to that,and had one guy who we jammed ALOT,traded ideas,played parties,etc.The first Band I am afraid to say because there is now a Band out there with the name(17 years after us but it is One of those "disease" named bands from the late 80's to the 90's and I dont want to cause any static.) We all loved Pre Harmony Corruption ND,Old Carcass(Reek and Syphonies),Godflesh,Deicide,Entombed,Morbid Angel,Pestilence,Cannibal Corpse when they came out,Celtic Frost,Old Death Angel,Coroner,D.R.I., O.L.D., M.O.D.,S.O.D.etc,(My Personal influances was ND's/Carcass Bill Steer, Justin Broadrick,Obituary,Jeff Hanneman/Kerry King,Early Kirk Hammet, You know the Thrash/Death Metal bands back in the Day). We recorded a 3 song demo(I'd guess you call it it was recorded using a Yamaha Multitrack ping-ponging the tracks,mics all over the place,etc) 1. "Vaginal Yeast Feast",2."Vasectomy Of Festering Testicles" 3. "Kill"(I think that was the name) My parents freaked out when they seen the tape,and songs. I still remember how the riffs go,fast,and simple then went to heavy,slow grinds,different tempo changes. After them(Kinda short lived,we were going to be in the "Battle of the Bands",but we had singer/drummer problems,) Another guy and I got together (We went to high school together) and he Started to dig the music I was in,(He was into bands like Helloween,Iron Maiden,Metallica,Megadeth,etc) so we jammed constantly.I remember He had "Quantam"amps:ROTF: He plays left handed,and plays upside down(Low E string on the bottom)and he was DAMN GOOD! We wrote a few songs/Riffs for MANY years and we stopped talking (Long story,about a Woman,he liked and I warned him) and I stopped playing because I had other intrests in life. I kinda miss him,I can start a Riff and he would finish,we were soo Insynch. A few years ago,I started playing again and hope to get back to how I was,Practice Practice. But I can tell ya I have NO ambition of being in any bands again.My High School Dream was shot down by reality.
    Last edited by Dan; 10-17-2007, 01:29 AM.
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR
Working...
X