FedEx rules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx rules.

I have received 3 guitars in the last 3 weeks Two by UPS. Both of those boxes were trashed. One damaged the guitar. The other didn't. The box I just got from Fed EX had my DKMG in it and it was in pristine condition. It was like they actually knew what they were doing.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

+1 about FedEx Home or Fedex Ground

I had a chance to tour the FedEx Ground headquarters in Pittsburg, and they are an impressive operation. They operate in a fundamentally different way than UPS. A FedEx Home or Ground driver is actually an entrepreneur. They have startup costs to buy a route, they lease the equipment that they use, and are paid based upon the routes they complete. It is in their vested interest to keep the business running as smoothly as possible. UPS drivers? They are mostly Teamsters who are paid by the hour. Now I'm not slamming the unions or anything, but I thought some might find this information interesting.

Comment

The driver was A-OK. I talked to him for about 15 minutes. He knows what are in the big flat boxes. I made a point about how well the box was handled. Mine was a $150 guitar. But, it could have been a $3,000 guitar. The bottom line is the box was received intact.

Comment

there may be a wind storm tomorrow Fett. check your tie downs
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I had a guitar shipped fed ex ground on sept 19th, when I got it the box was crushed, the case was crushed and the guitar was fucked up. Till this day I have no resolution to my dilemma. They picked up the damaged item over a week ago and no one knows where it is even with a call tag number they gave me when they picked it up. I am terribly frustrated and do not know what to do at this point. I tried being nice and I tried ripping ass and still no results. Any advice?

Comment

I ask for FEDEX ALL the time now.
            UPS sucks.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
              . Any advice?
              Yeah. But they are more like prayers. Just pray that the seller packs it well. And pray that the shippers don't treat you guitar box like a bale of hay.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                there may be a wind storm tomorrow Fett. check your tie downs
                I know I should be doing something while there is calm. But, I don't know what. Here comes the Dark Days.

Comment

fill up with gas. get ice to keep the fridge cool for the cheap beer and meat.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Get a DKMG with a Power Boost. It's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X