Pro Painting Setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Painting Setups

Does anybody have a pro setup? I can get a compressor fairly cheap, shopping around, probably 150 at Harbor Freight. But I look at the paint, 70-80 dollars a gallon? What is the best way to do this...I also have a car I'm thinking about painting...it looks like getting supplies is going to cost some major money.
    Suggestions?

Here's my setup (it's a little dirtier now!). And no, it's not exactly a cheap hobby.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Ok, let's scale back a bit...(mm, you are always way over the top, nice, as usual)
      What would you recommend to just set up for a couple of guitars a year, and an occasionable vehicle?

Comment

Cygnus, I think Mark just showed you what he'd recommend
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Ok, let's scale back a bit...(mm, you are always way over the top, nice, as usual)
          What would you recommend to just set up for a couple of guitars a year, and an occasionable vehicle?

Cygnus, That's what I do for a living. Check your PM.

Comment

Nice shop mm, how do you like the Dupont?

Comment

I really like most Dupont products except their clears. Chromabase is my favorite base to shoot, followed by HOK. I think I've tried every clear on the market, but I'm really liking Matrix at the moment. I also like PPG clears.
              What do you like to shoot? What guns do you use?

Comment

I'm stuck on a Sata NR 2000 with a 1.3 for everything, I tried the NR 3000 with multiple tip and needle setups and the 3000 with a 1.2 tip and needle is kick ass for the Dupont clears except 7600 or 7776. those two are a little too fast for the 1.2 . Base I like Chromabase and Spies. I think Spies is the most cost effective product out there. Kinda funny cause I was a Sikkens rep for 9 years and I displaced alot of Spies machines. There are so many good guns out there now I really can't judge them because i'm a rep now and not a painter anymore.

Comment

My go to clear gun is my SATA jet RP3000 digital HVLP with a 1.2. For bases I still use conventional, mainly an older Devilbiss gravity gun. I don't care for HVLP for bases, especially metallics or candys. A lot of that is my age, and being kinda "old school" in some ways.
                  You're right though, there are a few good guns out there today, but it all comes down to personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                  X