Check out my KIDNEY STONE pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my KIDNEY STONE pic

Monday afternoon, I was hit with a pain I have never known in my life. Felt like someone might have stabbed me in the guts. It came on all at once, not gradually. One minute I am fine, the next I am in agony.

I thought it was food poisoning so I made myself throw up. No help. After about an hour and a half of suffering I woke up my g/f's son and made him take me to the hospital. From my description of my symptoms to the ER nurse, she guessed it was a kidney stone. She pumped me full of pain meds. The Dr concurred and sent me for a MRI? That confirmed it.

They told me it'd take about 2 days to pass. The next day I was browsing online and found what appeared to be a miracle cure to pass it quickly. I confirmed it by poking around more on the web.

It was 2 tablespoons of x-virgin olive oil mixed with 2 table spoons of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and drink it down. About an hour or so later, I felt the stone moving through my ureter to my bladder. Wierd feeling something inside your body moving. The oil must have made it slick enough to move it through.

The next time I peed in the strainer, this little gem popped out. That's another weird feeling. Seeing something other than pee shoot outta the tool.:ROTF:

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

My uncle had them and thought he was dying. He made my then 12 year old cousin drive him to the hospital. That was like twent years ago, and he has gotten them a few times since then. He gets pain meds and carries his strainer till they pass. You should have that set into an earing or something.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        Wow.
        That's what I said!:ROTF:
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Holy shit dude that is a good size one.
          I shot one out about ten years ago and it is the worst pain I've EVER gone through.
          Bear in mind I had: a compound total separation fracture of my right arm, broken and dislocated several fingers, stitched up evrerywhere like Frankenstein, fucked up and tore ligaments in my lower back and tore an ACL.

The kidney stone made all of those feel like someone was tickling my back.

I feel for you. I'll try that recipe next time because mine took about two days to come down. Provided it is a long way down....
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

OUCH!!! Hard to imagine something so small could hurt so badly. Imagine being shot in the kidney....
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Was it painful while it was in your urinal system, coming out?
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Nice one! :ROTF: My dad's gotten kidney stones on and off for years, his body produces too much calcium. I hope I don't ever get that crap!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  Was it painful while it was in your urinal system, coming out?
                  It was painful all the way until it fell into the bladder. I was sweating bullets waiting for the pain as I passed it, but I guess all that olive oil lubed up the system for it to pass without much pain at all.
                  Scott

Comment

Holy crap!!! That's is a big stone, man. I'm glad to hear you got it out, they are agonizing little buggers.

FYI, some of us big boys shoot something other than pee out of our tools once in a while - give me a call and we can have "the talk." I can't believe toejam didn't jump on that one.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                      Holy crap!!! That's is a big stone, man. I'm glad to hear you got it out, they are agonizing little buggers.

FYI, some of us big boys shoot something other than pee out of our tools once in a while - give me a call and we can have "the talk." I can't believe toejam didn't jump on that one.
                      I was trying to be as nice as possible.:ROTF: Thanks, but at 43, I don't think I need that talk. I figured that out many moons ago.
                      Scott

Comment

having gone through this twice I know how painful it is....that was a big stone!
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                          LOL I think I've mellowed since I turned 35 about 3 months ago. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ouch! Hope you're well now.
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I guess some sort of congratualtions or something are in order...

I feel for you...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X