• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    What is this "winter" you speak of?

Nice ride Scott!

I miss my Mustang.
    She didn't like the heat though.
    It's a crappy picture, but that was my '67.
    I know how you feel. Not the same one, but very similar to my old one:

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      What is this "winter" you speak of?

Nice ride Scott!

I miss my Mustang.
      She didn't like the heat though.
      It's a crappy picture, but that was my '67.
      Thanks, Rick. Cool picture. My first car was a '68 straight 6 Mustang that I bought from my aunt. It hated the summer too.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My '67 came with a 289 that was run into the ground.
        Sludge everywhere and just wasn't worth the effort to rebuild it.
        Looked like the oil had never been changed and metal filings in the case
        So out it went and in came a 302 bored 20 over.
        Put a set of 280 HO heads from a 66 GT on it and was able to get a respectable 10:1 compression ratio without blowing any seals.
        Not bad for a small block.
        Added headers and dual 3" exhaust through a set of low profile Turbo II's and she could breathe... sounded pretty kick ass too.

I never got around to swapping out the stock C4 3 speed automatic.
        Sucked not having an overdrive gear. I could go from 0-80 in less than 6 seconds, but then I ran out of gears. She topped out at a blistering 102 MPH!
        -Rick

Comment

Nice cars guys....normally, I don't PREFER the s197's, but that one is pretty sharp.

Another one that caught my eye...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP View Post
            Isin't it an 85-86? The front end doesn't match the year. They changed the front end in 85, and kept it for 86(then redesigned it all in 87)...of course unless if I'm n00b. :P

I am thinking of getting a 5.0 in the next few years(for a 2nd car, after I buy my first junker, out of school), but the 98/99 cobra's are tempting as well...mostly the fact they aren't as old as the 5.0's. The mod motors on the 96-98 GT's aren't too great, so I hear(heads and cams are shit)...so maybe a 94-95 gt could be good too.
            ^I guess I'm just rambing on.... :S
            The body is a 84 and the rest is mix and matched! The rims are off of the ragtop. I took the cobra r's off this one and put them on the convertible. The block was from a 88 GT so the pistons can handle the boost from the blower.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingSkull View Post
              That's a NICE Mustang. I gotta put away the toy too.
              Sweet! I love turbo cars. I am thinking of selling the 84 in the spring to fund a turbo setup for the convertible. What boost psi are you putting out and what hp #'s?

Comment

Move to Florida and yuo can ride that fugga all year long!!!
                I know I do!
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

That would be "absomuthafuknlutey" wicked! Year round warm weather....YEAH! LOL.

Comment

We don't have a winter down here...but if we did my toy is AWD so it would not have to go sleepy....

When I lived in Md, the '65 GTO spent the winter under the cover.....

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I'll Prolly take My Car to the track one last time before I put her to "Beddy-Bye". I usually put ~ 250 miles on her MAX a year.
                      Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2007, 01:52 AM.
                      HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
                      Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                      (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                      Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
                      Boss TU-2
                      2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
                      1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
                      1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Yep, pretty soon..I do like driving in the The Fall tho!!

My ride will be in this site's gallery posing with above tuna..should be some good pix!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love Texas, nothing goes in storage. I beat the hell out of my car year round, LOL.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                          X