"the next great american band"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the next great american band"

starts fri. 10/19 on fox. i think this show has a chance to be very entertaining... from what they show on the previews they have every kind of act imaginable. i'm there
    Last edited by semagic; 10-24-2007, 07:22 AM.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

What channel and what time?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

The Next Great American Band premieres on Friday, October 19, and will air from 8-10pm ET/PT. These two-hour episodes will continue into the following two Fridays, October 26 and November 2. Starting on November 9, the show will settle into its regular time slot from 8-9pm ET/PT. (FOX)
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

It does look kind of cool, Should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
          It does look kind of cool, Should be fun to watch.
          maybe "jackson" can get some pub out of this show. who knows
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

it's a decent show... alot of acts just trying to get camera time but there was some good sounding acts also, had some kids called "light of doom" that worship everything iron maiden... they are 12-14 yrs old and can play. the other group was called "the muggs" mid 30's group with a guy that fought thru cancer to get there. i think a total of 12 made it thru in this show. if i remember right they have a total of 40 bands that get thru.
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Wasn't the guy in "the muggs" the one who had the stroke??
              Zombie Bazooka Patrol was supposed to play here in OKC with us, but had to cancel the show, cause they were going to vegas...guess they did LOL.
              Light of Doom was great.

Comment

I don't remember their name, but the band with the guy that had a stroke was by far the best from what I saw.
                EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Light Of Doom kicked ass. Great job. That Country Rock band from Nashville (Sixwire?) should do very well - they were tight, great players and singers and their type of music sells big time. I really dug that big band too. Fun stuff. That group Dot Dot Dot should do well too, providing they keep their heads screwed on right. They've got a package that can sell records. They were just here a little while ago and had a good gig opening for someone bigger and apparently went over well.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

The Mugs had the bass player that suffered a stroke and now plays keys. There were not too many bands playing original stuff. So should this be call the Next Great Cover Band? Anyone check out that killer clown crap...WTF was that.

Comment

Those 12 year olds blew me away! I wish I could play like that. I hope they make it they certainly deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                        The Mugs had the bass player that suffered a stroke and now plays keys. There were not too many bands playing original stuff. So should this be call the Next Great Cover Band? Anyone check out that killer clown crap...WTF was that.
                        my mistake... i thought it was cancer, they sound and play very tight. you can tell they have the chemistry.

yes the clown band gave me a good laugh
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

The bassist who played with his feet was hands down the best part of the show.
                          "POOP"

Comment

all the Nashville folks there were really good players

the Muggs were pretty cool and tight

the black dudes were cool and had by far the best rhythm section

the big band was ok.... there's a lot better ones though

a lot of the bands who tried to do all kinds of stage antics and tricks and whatnot... totally ruined the musical performance... they were all over the place.... practice your tricks before you go on the stage!!!
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"Junkie bro"
                              Keep your ears peeled.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X