brought a new greyhound home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brought a new greyhound home

as most know, i lost my greyhound, charlie, to bone cancer at the end of september. i didn't think that i would be ready to bring another grey home so soon, but here she is. her name is nico, and while she's a little on the shy side, she's settling in nicely. here's a few pix.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Sully your the coolest , thats a beautiful Grey hound,& you gave some one a new family & home .
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

that is awesome sully.....she looks like she likes guitars!
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

beautiful, sully

I was walking with a friend during lunch the other day and we struck up a conversation with a woman walking her whippet downtown. We got to talking about how you'd picked up a dog from greyhound rescue. Did you get nico there too?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks all...

G, i did in fact get nico from a greyhound adoption group. the only way you can really get greyhounds in the us is to adopt retired racers; most of the breeders breed for racing purposes. while there are akc greyhounds (the dog show style, which is a little different from the racers), they're not all that common.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nico is adorable!! Looks like she's fitting in just fine!! I'm so happy for you both!!

Comment

Congrats bro. Good to see you found a new girl to help you. Granted, there's never a replacement (coming from someone that bred and lost multiple dogs). But your girl knows she's remembered, and your new girl will be loved. They really are a part of the family.
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

awesome!! i REALLY miss my dog tiger. ex-wife got to keep him in the divorce. i was so sad. nico looks adorable. grey's really are the best dogs around!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

She's a beauty.

My father-in-law did that many years ago from the AZ adopt a greyhound program.
                  Sweetest dogs in the world.
                  He had Chacho, a retired racer. He was a big boy.
                  And then there was Blue Bell, she never made it as a racer. She was too small and not very fast.
                  Well... we had to use the car to get her the one time she got out of the yard. Clocked her at 37 MPH and they called her slow.

I miss them both... 40 MPH couch potatoes.

He lost Chacho first, he was an old guy when he got him, and then Blue Bell not much later.

I'm sure Nico will be very happy with you.
                  -Rick

Comment

Way to go, Sully, I'm really happy for you. She's beautiful.

I can't wait to meet her the next time I come down!

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Hey Sully, you did good thing in more ways than one. I hope she makes you and your family happy. Give her some time to fit in. It is a new world for her. But you know that already.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Congratulations, Sully, she looks adorable!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                          Awesome Personality shining through there.... Cool looking dog.
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Gorgeous.

Comment

congratz sully, she's awesome
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X