No announcement yet.

Raikkonen new world champ!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an awful lot of people who are great at what they do, but are still prize dickheads. Some of them are racing drivers, some are politicians, and some are rock guitarists...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      Best of his era. I said one of because it's impossible to compare drivers from different time periods.

I've never met the guy myself. You must have some pretty good connections.
      Best of his era. True enough. Hard to compare guys driving those death machines back in the 50s eh.

Of course I've never met him. I also never met Hitler. :ROTF:

LOL, of course he's not that bad, but when you are in the spotlight, your actions speak very loudly, and he's done a lot of questionable things. Just like Alonso has said a lot of questionable things, and made himself look like a twat.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah my schumi annoyances come from both certain actions and the whole setup that allowed him the easy victories. I think rubens was robbed of alot by the 1 2 driver setup and it annoyed me. The momentum that provided killed the sport for alot of people.

And as for 'of the era' I can agree with. Hes done alot of races that deserve absolute praise, and at times he was simply magic behind the wheel. My favourite race of his, unfortunately, was the schumacher battle at imola after there mother passed away. Brilliant driving by two hugely talented drivers.

But hes no senna, and certainly no fangio. Schumacher would have died in the accident when he broke his leg comparitivley in fangio's era...but you cannot compare them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
          Give me MotoGP or the Superbikes anyday!
          fuckin a
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            Best of his era. True enough. Hard to compare guys driving those death machines back in the 50s eh.

Of course I've never met him. I also never met Hitler. :ROTF:

LOL, of course he's not that bad, but when you are in the spotlight, your actions speak very loudly, and he's done a lot of questionable things. Just like Alonso has said a lot of questionable things, and made himself look like a twat.
            Hmmm interesting... he is German after all

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
              Well I guess you're a close friend of Kimi's since you know whether he's a dickhead or not

All I'm talking about is abilities of Schumi as a driver. I'm sure there are many more dickheads in the F1 champ but we just don't know about them He still holds god knows how many world records
              trophies doesn't equal abilities

I think he was average at best, in 1-on-1 situations he was actually one of the lousiest drivers.

He was also a fucking douchebag and discrace to all sports.

F-1 is where the car manufacturer matters the most. Ferrari was 10 times better then the others.

There were some races when some Ferrari driver was injured and was replaced by a test driver or a driver who was allways on 15th position.... with Ferrari they were ALLWAYS in top 3.

He rarely passed his main rivals, he mostly got ahead of them with the pit stops... his team was the fastest.

He never had a change against any other drivers (with decent cars) in 1-on-1.

Remember the shit he did with Damon Hill (awsome dude) and Jacques Villeneuve (one of the most talented drivers I've ever see who was stuck in the worst teams ever, won his title with medicore team).

Couldn't handle it like man so started doing his fucking dirty tricks. Got away with it most of the time too.... probably sucked Ecclestone's cock countless of times.

He was allways dirty as hell, even in the first seasons and way back in F3.

Only McLaren/Merceds had some chances against Ferrari... but as we all know they suck at making reliable cars... Hakkinen who was a fucking real deal... his car died 6 races in a row on the start line.

I despised everything about that cocksmoker.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Endrik you think he only won races with his Ferrari? Then you should do some more research bro And if you haven't seen him be a good driver on a 1-to-1 situation, I've seen him a lot of times!

And your comment about his team being great, well weren't there any great teams out there during schumi's whole career that he nearly break every possible world record and how come Barichello couldn't be succesful while the test drivers replacing Schumi could be in top 3 and why wouldn't Ferrari want another top 3 driver if Barichello was that bad

I could list thousands more things here bro, you're just looking at it the way you want imho
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                  Endrik you think he only won races with his Ferrari? Then you should do some more research bro And if you haven't seen him be a good driver on a 1-to-1 situation, I've seen him a lot of times!

And your comment about his team being great, well weren't there any great teams out there during schumi's whole career that he nearly break every possible world record and how come Barichello couldn't be succesful while the test drivers replacing Schumi could be in top 3 and why wouldn't Ferrari want another top 3 driver if Barichello was that bad

I could list thousands more things here bro, you're just looking at it the way you want imho
                  Benetton was the best team durning that time, and Renault has allways made more changes and inventions than any other manufacturer since the 90's. But Ferrari picks up the ball and rans with it. Renault sucked when Ferrari was dominating everything. It was until a couple of years ago when they came back to the big game.
                  It's like when Honda made one rod holders for the rear wheel for motorcycles. Ducati picked it up and dominated all the Superbike races. Honda stopped doing those because they couldn't keep up.

Rubens was allways a very average driver, a lot of the drivers who were in lousy teams or doing tests were fucking awsome. Mika Salo, Alexander Wurtz etc. maybe they werent too much of a candy asses to deal with all the Ferrari rules.... meaning letting Schumi do be da man all the time.

Comment

that's why I don't really give a shit about F1 anymore.

give everyone equal machines and I'm willing to bet a lot of money that schumi wouldn't be even in top 6

Comment

F1 is not just about drivers. No racing series is about just drivers except maybe IROC if it still exists. Everything else is a team effort. There are gains to be made in engineering, testing and tuning, pit strategy, race strategy, it is a very involved process.

That being said, most of the drivers who make it to the top levels really are very good. The only exceptions are people who get in due to their family name (Kyle Petty, Michael & Marco Andretti, AJ Foyt IV, Graham Rahal, etc.)

Obviously when Ferrari was finishing 1-2 in every race, I could have taken over for Schumacher and probably finished on the podium myself. At that level there is very little difference between the best and the worst drivers, only when it is raining do you see who is good versus who is great. Schumacher kicked ass in the rain - he is the real deal.

There are SO MANY more talented drivers than their are rides available that people get chosen because of their marketability these days. That is why Hamilton got a ride, that is why Red Bull chose Scott Speed instead of his competitors, that is why Danica Patrick has an IRL ride.

Comment

Haha, Scott Speed. Now there's a joke.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Why do you say that? I didn't follow what he did in F1

Comment

Poor bastard does look like Mustaine.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I think he was average at best, in 1-on-1 situations he was actually one of the lousiest drivers.
                              :ROTF: You are actually stating that M. Schumacher was a lousy driver, which is hilarious.

You obviously didn't watch the races back then. "Ferrari was 10 times better..." ? He MADE them 10 times better, don't you remember? Michael Schumacher MAKES the team better. That's what it's all about.

Listen up, dude:
                              When he entered Benetton in 1991, Williams-Renault was the top team by far. Despite the Benetton was an outdated car with a so-so team, he always drove fantastic races. By 1994 he and the team had managed to turn this hard work into a championship winning package.

Again, entering Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was a disaster team. The team memebers were clowns and the cars were like a Charvel from Korea... utter crap! 3-4 years of hard work and super performances, he brought the team to a championship winning position by 2000, winning five times in a row.

Apart form his obvious superb driving abilities, he is ultra focused and an ultra fast thinker. He is mercyless in his decisions and he will exploit any regulation to the max and beyond. He will do ANYTHING to maximise his chances for wins. This goes for racing, but also for handling the media, anything...

This is what makes him an arrogant prick, a cheater and a liar. But he doesn't know that. He is too focused to know.

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I despised everything about that cocksmoker.
                              Totally agree on that one. But I can spot his racing abilities despite my hatred. You can't

Btw.: the Mustaine / Hakkinen comment from zeegs made me laugh the whole day. Spot on!
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                                :ROTF: You are actually stating that M. Schumacher was a lousy driver, which is hilarious.
                                I didn't say he is a lousy driver, he sucked at 1-on-1s. FACT, ask ANY great driver about him, I have never heard that some of them say that he is great 1-on-1 driver... NEVER EVER.

You obviously didn't watch the races back then. "Ferrari was 10 times better..." ? He MADE them 10 times better, don't you remember? Michael Schumacher MAKES the team better. That's what it's all about.
                                quite honestly that's when I watched the races.... back then.

he makes em better, are you serious, he designed the engines?

Listen up, dude:
                                When he entered Benetton in 1991, Williams-Renault was the top team by far. Despite the Benetton was an outdated car with a so-so team, he always drove fantastic races. By 1994 he and the team had managed to turn this hard work into a championship winning package.
                                outdated, ahaa, look what I said before, Renault was allways the most groundbraking.

so-so team?

then why the fuck he took the same team with him to Ferrari????
                                it was one of the best teams ever.

Again, entering Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was a disaster team. The team memebers were clowns and the cars were like a Charvel from Korea... utter crap! 3-4 years of hard work and super performances, he brought the team to a championship winning position by 2000, winning five times in a row.
                                are you kidding, Ferrari was allways on top, look what drivers they had, Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi.
                                Even then Ferrari was the fastest car.

Apart form his obvious superb driving abilities, he is ultra focused and an ultra fast thinker. He is mercyless in his decisions and he will exploit any regulation to the max and beyond. He will do ANYTHING to maximise his chances for wins. This goes for racing, but also for handling the media, anything...
                                he is not a real sportsman and that's a fact, I don't care about his fast decisions, If he would mess with me like he did with the other drivers I would beat the living shit out of him in front of all the cameras.
                                I like drivers who left their mark with pure driving skills.... like Senna.

[/quote]
                                Last edited by Endrik; 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X