No announcement yet.

Raikkonen new world champ!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jackson1 said everything I was going to. But since E has his own view of the facts, lets restate them:
    1. Benetton/Ford was a mid-pack car when he was with them, yet he won his first two titles.
    2. Ferrari WAS shit when he got there. They hadn't won a drivers title since '78 (Andretti) and they were seriously behind the McClarens and Williams when he first joined Ferrari. Yet he was still competitive, even with a clearly inferior car, and once Ferrari got the car up to par, he dominated.
    3. I don't know how you quantify "pure driving skill", but I think number of pole positions would be one way. Who has the record (and countless others)? Oh yeah, Schumi!
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Oh yeah, the original thread subject. Congrats to Kimi!
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

no matter what anyone says, schumacher is the most overrated person in motorsports..... and I would make world records too with ferrari when the others are driving Volkswagen Golfs
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No, you would probably pass out after 5-6 turns

Racing is not only about the driving itself. It requires the driver to be able to communicate and work with the engineers/mechanics to improve the car and make everything running smooth. Schumacher obviously had that talent.

Comment

Shumchamker... oh whatever, also has a very big chin.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Shumchamker... oh whatever, also has a very big chin.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks, monk. This is exactly the point, obviously missed by the good Endrik. If a team has something to believe in, they will succeed.

Schumacher knows who to pick out and work with. He knows the game, even when he was a newbie. He knows how to repress a team mate. He knows how to stand tallest.

He fits modern Formula 1 perfectly - with his slyness, perfected lobbyism and arrogance. Maybe he owe part of his success to Mr. Weber. I think so.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  he makes em better, are you serious, he designed the engines?
                  Being an engineer myself, I can assure you that design = cost. And no car brand or any other company would invest money into something they are not good at

So as a driver if you win races and pull your team to a higher position, that makes it possible to design better engines

I don't think anything further needs to be said, the statistics speak for itself.. There has always been 1 or 2 great teams in F1 racings. but those teams didn't create many Schumachers because there IS someone different there
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                  X