No announcement yet.

Ah Yes, The Wanker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well fuggit..I spelled his name wrong. So many spell it like that, it got me fuckin' up.

It's OK..most people spell my last name wrong too, including myself.

I'll just play it safe and do the EVH, RR, YJM ..thang from now on.

Well that's the school I come from, and I'm proud of it!!!

I don't practice 8 hours a day anymore. I just write riffs/songs. But, it's cool to have the abilty to blaze when you want to..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just don't misspell "Eruption" on the fingerboard, Bill.
      It could get really messy.

Comment

My definition of shred = Michael Schenker. The noodly shit does nothing for me.
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
          My definition of shred = Michael Schenker. The noodly shit does nothing for me.

Oh man, I posted a butchered version of that one..it was just a level check to record. My bud taped that mess, and put it on my demo as a "surprise"..

So, I called it "Corruption"..

It's pretty bad, but it was the only thing I had to show as a Uberschall lead tone clip..

I'm a die hard fan of all things shred..but to each their own.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            Eruption started that 30 years ago.
            30 years?????!!! Cheers, I feel like a really old fart now.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

"hornsman," my comment was a general one and not directed towards you.
              "POOP"

Comment

Whenever I see someone wanking on youtube or in a guitar store I think: "What a wanker....I wish I could do that"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                  "hornsman," my comment was a general one and not directed towards you.

I know dude..

Comment

i prefer melody and taste over shredding. for example, one of my favorite guitarists is jim matheos. i LOVE his playing on the later fates warning albums. i like YJM sometimes but it gets on my nerves. i loved it when i was 17 though.....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oh, and to answer the orginal question....

i would never have a shredder in my band. it wouldn't fit the music. i will rarely blast a fast run at the end of solo, but i would never have a dude that could only weedle in my band.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I tend to overplay at a music store if I'm trying gear out - I don't really want to pay for it, get it home and find out that it's going to be hard to sweep or whatever on it. I also keep the amp volume down fairly quietly - I'm not there to play for someone in the drum section of guitar center.

I hate it when people crank an amp to 10, and then bust out horrible rhythm playing that's out of tune to boot.

Comment

In fairness those guys shredding away have spend a lot of time working on their technique. So when they try out some gear or want to show a video of them playing of course they'll bust out some of their chops to show people what they can do. It wouldn't mean much to them if they just bent a few notes and played really slowly and everyone thinks they are a bit crap technique-wise when they spent so much time on it. I'm not saying it won't sound good but it's not the same as if they were burning up the board.

Comment

true, to a point. i played a show with a realy good band the other night. they were young guys. they played metal. the were VERY techincal. they were, indeed, awesome. i felt like a hack next to them. but, the only part of the crowd that was into them was their girlfirends and buddies. the sweeps got old after 5 songs. the speedy scale runs got old after 2 songs. the ONLY thing that saved them was the fact that they actually sang and put on a show. other than that.....BOR-ING.
                            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I try not to put any thought into things that don't effect me, but I like hearing people wank from time to time.

Comment

Choose a floaty , groovin', shattering glass kinda hook filled slippery fingered blues -rock based cat over a Seargent Malmsteen anyday of the week, do you want to be trying to ward off dragons , knights, and fire, or use that sword of yours to open the lock on the front door to the girls house that's with you after the show so you can knock her lights out with an amazing lay? Go for the latter, it's better for your meat wand in the end anyway.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X