No announcement yet.

Vizio TVs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I equate low cost = low quality. I've seen post about breaking out the soldering gun to replace burned out 1/4 watt resistors with a 1/2 watt resistor - tell me how much we are saving here people? .00000001 cents?

I want to buy a Vizio 60" Plasma, but not if it's going to last only a year or so.

Comment

Interesting story about the company.
      Low cost does not always mean low quality.
      CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

I'm not defending the product, but I look for facts, not made up numbers.
      Many reputable TV makers do the same shit by using cheap parts to increase profit margins.

My very expensive 50" Toshiba was brought to it's knees because of a poor quality part. Sound only, no picture.
      I was told it would cost over $500 to fix.
      I said fuck it and pulled it apart myself. I traced the problem down to a $1.29 fuse that I was able to pickup at Ace Hardware.
      The fuse they installed was so poorly made that in fell apart in my hand.
      Interesting enough, the fuse didn't actually blow, it came apart at the ends from heat expansion. One of the metal ends became detached from the glass tube and lost contact with the board connector. No burn marks anywhere to be found.
      -Rick

Comment

I looked at the Vizio site and they have 4 42" LCD models. So I called the manager to find out which one they want to send. It's the top one: http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=35

And for what we paid for the Magnavox - $749! I told him "Send it!".

As far as failure rates - Magnavox is 100% so far for me

Thanks for all the input guys.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
        X