• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    Pebkac
    Haven't heard that one in a while. heh
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Sorry for the panic attack. I just don't know how any of this stuff works.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

IE was invented by Christians. Norse god like people will struggle with it as it is isn't natural. Support your local black metal band to get revenge!

Comment

Read the help or the manual then
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
            Read the help or the manual then
            Steady on old bean, there's no need to do anything drastic like that.
            Just press things randomly, pull the plug out and switch it on again.
            Repeat until you throw it out of the window and buy a new one.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yep.:ROTF: I am very happy with my 4 year old HP and IE. If it breaks bad enough, I'll go out and get another one.:ROTF:
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Seriously, use Firefox, Mozilla or Opera instead of Internet Explorer.

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

It's a web browser - I have yet to see why firefox is so much better than anything else. It has a cooler name and that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    It's a web browser - I have yet to see why firefox is so much better than anything else. It has a cooler name and that's about it
                    It's unobtrusive, more intuitive, less likey to hack, multi-tasks better, is smaller in program size, and doesn't thread it's ugly way all through other apps, like IE does. That is, until Microsoft buys it out.
                    I'm not necessarily a MS basher, but when they buy out other excellent SW companies and wheedle into their own lame cross threading apps, then I get a little tired of it. Borland used to make excellent products. So did Lotus, and a host of others. The competition has been crushed into a shadow of what things could have been by now.
                    At least Autocad is still independent, as far as I know. It runs great on its own.

Oh, and I think it does spam and pop up blocking a lot better than IE.

Comment

On the whole you're less vulnerable with the browsers mentioned above. Firefox for instance tends to get patched for any vulnerabilities very quickly. So you have less windows of opportunity for getting your bits played with when you have you knickers around your ankles.

None of them are safe, you get what you pay for

Comment

Firefox and Opera are cool and all, but I fail to see how it helped fett with his original problem. After all a man of his technical skill could also lose a toolbar in Firefox or Opera, and need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          It's unobtrusive, more intuitive, less likey to hack, multi-tasks better, is smaller in program size, and doesn't thread it's ugly way all through other apps, like IE does.
                          Obtrusive? You can either see it or you can't and you can make the window whatever size you want no matter what browser you're using.

Again - it's a web browser. It doesn't get any more intuitive than "type web address and press enter"

They all use the same tabbed browsing crap - they multi-task just as well as the person using them.

Maybe it uses more memory, but I usually only have IE and iTunes open so who gives a shit.

Thread its way through other apps? It's basically the same as Windows Explorer if that's what you mean - which is a good thing it means people don't need to learn a new application to browse their own pc.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post

I'm color blind...what did that guy just write?:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              I'm color blind...what did that guy just write?:ROTF:
                              :ROTF: :ROTF: I hope your'e joking about being colorblind.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                                :ROTF: :ROTF: I hope your'e joking about being colorblind.
                                Um, as we say in the old steel mill....on the radios...

10-4!

Comment

Working...
                                X