Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who thinks Firefox sucks? Post opinions here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who thinks Firefox sucks? Post opinions here.

Remember all the hype that Firefox was great and anti microsoft, blah blah blah.

Well it seams like everyone I know that was on the bandwagon has jumped off and gone back to IE or NN or another browser.

I tried using Firefox but it just slowed my computer down considerably did not want to work with any E-mail client and ate lots of Ram. Lots of issues with trying to visit certain websites and view certain videos. Did not like the fact I had to uninstall Flash because of a memory leak issue...it goes on...

I noticed people dont have those sigs or their posts anymore hyping Firefox on alot of the other forums I visit.

So am I in the minority or do other people notice this as well?

Re:

Just wanted to site some sources:

Comment

It is good for perusing the internet in a workplace that frowns on it. As you can turn it to black and white text only so the internet looks like a word document!

Comment

Dont get me wrong Firefox had some nice features but ultimatley like Strongbad say:
        "Deleted!"

Comment

Works fine for me. I dont think firefox got any worse, I think Microsoft got its act together somewhat with IE updates. The monthly malicious software removal tool seems to work fairly well. I still use firefox because I think it blocks popups better.

Comment

I love Firefox, but it does take up a lot of memory when it's running. It would probably not run well if you have a sucky computer.

Comment

I still use Firefox for my regular browsing and IE7 for work related stuff.
              On MY system, they both run about the same.
              Neither one performs any better than the other.
              -Rick

Comment

From the web page above:
                I decide to make same test on Windows XP with the latest version of the browsers.
                That's your problem right there. Many components of windows are designed to "sabotage" the use of any non-microsoft software, especially web browsers -and- any stuff that wasn't compiled and linked using their compilers (so-called "visual studio") Lots of internal system calls used by MS software aren't even documented and kept secret, giving MS an unfair advantage when it comes to "optimizing" software for.... well, the only platform they support. It's been this way since the win95 days, and hasn't changed very much afaik.
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I tried Firefox, but I like Mozilla (now SeaMonkey) much better. I don't even bother with Internet Exploder. SeaMonkey blocks popups well, FlashBlock gives me control over Flash apps (especially advertising), and I like the ability to right click on images (especially advertising!) and blocking all images from that server.

With these controls, I have virtually advertising free surfing. Works for me!

Comment

I experienced a total elimination of spyware issues for like 6 months and counting after switching to Firefox. IE is like a big tire that has been patched one too many times. It is just so vulnerable and weak. I accidentally went to one site from a patched WinXP pro machine, and that site figured out a way to trick IE into running freakin batch files without a confirmation dialog being required. Frickin hammered me! Ditch that bullshit.

Comment

Use Lynx if you're worried about speed and RAM footprints.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Internet Explorer is crap so I use firefox on Windows based computers. At home I use Safari on my Mac system though.

Comment

Well nothing is for free that's a give or take. You need better performance go with IE and nevermind security. If you want cool features, more secure browsing than switch to Firefox and be ready to spend some more of you RAM. After using Firefox when I have to use IE on a computer that doesn't have Firefox, I feel the same thing when I play an Indonasia made Ibanez, CHEAP & SHITTY!

I think it would be incredible if IE was using as much memory as Firefox does with all the shittyness
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I don't see how anyone that has used Firefox can go back to IE. To me the extensions and tabbed browsing make Firefox much better no matter the extra RAM used. Didn't Microsoft say Firefox was no competition to IE then add tabs?
                            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have used the tabbed browsing in Mozilla for years, and it is a real nice feature. I like to run five or more tabs at once, looking at one while others load. Setting new pages to load to another tab is cool too, no cluttering up the desktop with everything in one window.

I never cared for IE since it first came out. I used Netscape for years, then moved on to Mozilla. I have tried Firefox, but I prefer Mozilla with its integrated email client and composer.

Comment

Working...
                              X