It could only happen to fett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It could only happen to fett

What a morning. The road I take to get to the thiftstores is the busiest road in the county. At 8:20 AM, I was just done getting gas. And I had to wait for hundreds of cars to go by to get on the road. I am blind in my right eye and I wear very heavy correction glasses. So, I get into the far left lane. About 20 seconds later, the lens for my good eye pops out of the frame. And I hear it land on the floor of my van. That makes me blind. As in, I can't make out the big E on an eye chart blind. Actually, worse. Well, I was able to safely cross over to the far right-hand turn lane and I was able to get up into a Park-and-Ride lot. I opened my door thinking I will have to spend a long time finding the lens. It was right there. Thank God. A Swiss Army knife and a dab of glue and I tightened the lens back in and I was on my way. I am going to get stinking drunk.:ROTF: The Viking Gods were with me this day.
    Last edited by fett; 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

What kinda van are you driving Fett?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Damn fett. You were lucky and so were all the other people you didn't hit. Glad you're ok.

Comment

Yeah. There were no cars behind me. They were stopped a few lights back. If they had the light, I would have had to just stop in the left lane; find the lens; pray I didn't get rear ended; pray for no cop and all I can say is I was one lucky Viking. It's an Areostar Van.

Comment

I was thinking an old VW surfer van

Comment

I'm just one lucky SOB. You need to know this road to understand.

Comment

Good thing nothing happenend Fett, I'm happy for ya! You live to rock one more day!
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                What kinda van are you driving Fett?
                The kind you normally live in "Down by the River!!!'
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Good to hear you're ok man. I know how it is, I'm practically blind without contact lens or glasses. I can't read the big E on the chart without 'em either.
                  I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

"Waldo? Waldo? Now where did that boy get to?"
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      What a morning. The road I take to get to the thiftstores is the busiest road in the county. At 8:20 AM, I was just done getting gas. And I had to wait for hundreds of cars to go by to get on the road. I am blind in my right eye and I wear very heavy correction glasses. So, I get into the far left lane. About 20 seconds later, the lens for my good eye pops out of the frame. And I hear it land on the floor of my van. That makes me blind. As in, I can't make out the big E on an eye chart blind. Actually, worse. Well, I was able to safely cross over to the far right-hand turn lane and I was able to get up into a Park-and-Ride lot. I opened my door thinking I will have to spend a long time finding the lens. It was right there. Thank God. A Swiss Army knife and a dab of glue and I tightened the lens back in and I was on my way. I am going to get stinking drunk.:ROTF: The Viking Gods were with me this day.

Odin only has one eye, you know.... :ROTF:
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I heard his van is made out of a combination of chesswood and masonite

Comment

fetts pretty much are version of the stig from topgear on uk tv . some say his earwax can cure blindness, other's that his beard is home to a tribe of borrowers...all we know is he's called THE FETT :P

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            . A Swiss Army knife and a dab of glue and I tightened the lens back in and I was on my way..
                            Ah eyewear repair ala McGiver,
                            Having only one eye myself I have had simular things happen, like getting something in my good eye,,, etc. It ain't no fun being monocular, but it really has never kept me from doing anything I wanted to do
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

It is amazing how one adapts to only having one good eye. I can still do fine work, like soldering. The field of view on my good eye has broadened (sp). The bad part for me is the vision in my "Good" eye is horrible without glasses. I drove the same route today. If I had not stopped to get gas yesterday, there would have been no way I could have merged all the way over to safety. From now on, I am taking a spare pair of glasses with me when I drive. I was a danger on the road and that will not happen again.

Comment

Working...
                              X