Drummer of Decapitated - Dead at 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummer of Decapitated - Dead at 23

Body: I can't believe this. This is one of the first bands that got me into death metal. I was lucky enough to meet vitek and talk to him for a bit when I saw them in portland. Such a huge loss of an amazingly talented drummer.....

RIP metal brother

-------------------------------------------------
    Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were hurt in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

That really sucks. Decapitated really seemed to be doing well, making a name for themselves and touring all over. It's seems like bands are always having problems of some kind on the road, but not usually so severe. I have seen them live a couple times, and met a couple of the guys when we played ahead of them at a festival. Very nice from what I remember, and very eager to be playing in America. The fact that he was only 23 makes it even worse. There was so much he could have seen and done.

I don't even like riding in a car when someone else is driving, just because I worry that they aren't paying attention or aren't accustomed to the driving conditions. It isn't very reassuring when it's a professional driver who (supposedly) was responsible.
    sigpic

Comment

RIP.

I read about the tourbus crash and hoped for both of them to pull through... this is really sad...
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yes i just read about it on blabbermouth. I also hoped that both of them will pull through this. Really sad. 23 is way too young to have to leave this world. Now lets just hope that covan will be alright.

Been a fan since winds of creation and it's depressing to think about what amazing music vitek and the other guys would have put out in the future.

RIP Vitek

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Wow, 23 is way too young to go. I'm not familiar with the band but this is sad to hear. R.I.P. Vitek...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

another one lost to a bus accident :S
            RIP
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Yeah, that is really really sad. I don't listen too death metal anymore, but when I used to, I liked Decapitated a lot . He was talented!

RIP.

Comment

R.i.p.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

RIP dude. This really sucks.

Comment

That blows!!!

That band kicks ass, and he was a GREAT drummer..what a shame.

RIP Vitek
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      Wow, 23 is way too young to go. I'm not familiar with the band but this is sad to hear. R.I.P. Vitek...
                      +1. R.I.P

Comment

Fuckin sucks, I heard about the accident and the rumor vitek was in a coma (from this it sounds induced, atleast), but was hoping for the best. Decapitated were absolutely amazing, truly one of the most metal bands I've known of, and it wasnt even a week ago I started learning some tracks off nihility (eternity too short was promo'd locally when it came out, knew straight away they ruled).

RIP metalbrutha, RIP

Comment

RIP

I was hoping to see them next month with Amon Amarth. Just looking at a picture of the band makes it really sad to think that one of those people isn't alive anymore. Vitek was a great drummer... I've been listening to Nihility today as a small tribute.

Best wishes to his family and friends, and the band; hopefully Covan will make it through.

Comment

RIP

I don't know the band either but 23 so early..
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                            X