Greatest metal album of 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
    So do any of these nominations for 2007 have good, non-cookie monster vocals?

Try the new Dreamscape cd - 5th Season. The singer Roland Stoll kicks ass !
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Matt Barlow used to sing for Iced Earth. Now, Tim "Ripper" Owens, formerly of Judas Priest, sings for them.

Mats Levin sang for Yngwie at one time.

Not sure about Jorn Lande, but I've heard of him before.
      Jorn has worked with Yngwie too! Plus he recorded with The Snakes, with Mick Moody & Bernie Marsden from Whitesnake.

You can also check out his work in Ark, Millenium, Masterplan, Vagabond, with Russell Allen from Symphony X on two Allen/Lande albums (a project put together by Magnus Karlsson from Last Tribe). A bunch of other stuff too.

These days, he's mainly working on the solo thing, Jorn, and has released 3 albums this year.

Is Jorn, is good.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
        442w30 ? Its not 1982- 83 anymore. But that was the best JP I think anyway! Saw them twice that tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Sad Wings of Destiny !!! Now that's classic Priest !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Jorn has worked with Yngwie too! Plus he recorded with The Snakes, with Mick Moody & Bernie Marsden from Whitesnake.

You can also check out his work in Ark, Millenium, Masterplan, Vagabond, with Russell Allen from Symphony X on two Allen/Lande albums (a project put together by Magnus Karlsson from Last Tribe). A bunch of other stuff too.

These days, he's mainly working on the solo thing, Jorn, and has released 3 albums this year.

Is Jorn, is good.
          Cool. I actually stopped listening to any new Yngwie after about 1995 anyway. I do remember Bill talking about his work with Russell Allen, though. I gotta check out some of that stuff eventually.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was just listening to the new Soilwork. It's not bad at all. I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I can make full judgement. As for the new KD, it's not bad, but Puppetmaster was MUCH better. I just got the new Agnostic Front. Sure you can argue that it's hardcore and not metal, but it really is a fine line, and it's pretty fucking kickass too.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Cool. I actually stopped listening to any new Yngwie after about 1995 anyway. I do remember Bill talking about his work with Russell Allen, though. I gotta check out some of that stuff eventually.
              I'm a huge Jorn fan and have a bunch of his stuff. Still haven't got everything yet, but I'm always on the lookout.

Listening to him makes me imagine that back in the early 70s in Norway, this kid who wanted to be a rock singer was listening to Deep Purple, & didn't realise that Gillan was replaced by Coverdale & Hughes, and so he tried to model himself after this versatile singer with 3 distinct voices.

Another plus is that Jorn always has smokin' guitarists in his band. Great playing on every album I've heard from him
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X