god i hate new metal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god i hate new metal.

Watching headbangers ball makes me fucking sick.

How about learning how to sing?

Evidently they (the labels) sing anyone with a no talent singer.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

I know what you mean. I dig some new metal stuff, but I really wish they could just fucking sing. The only metal band I've seen on there singing is Dragonforce and I can't stand that shit.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

all i is is low e bashing with AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH over it

Comment

and Headbangers Ball is such a good representation of new metal, so there must be nothing else good & new out there......
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I know what you mean. I have stopped watching HBB altogether! I vividly remember the early days when it had just started (early 90's) and they used to play testament, pantera, entombed, a couple of napalm death and sepultura. Those were the days when death metal used to be good to listen to!
          Sam

Comment

HBB started in the late 80s if I remember right, maybe even 1985?
            I remember an hour long show I'd tape with Dio, WASP, Judas Priest, Heaven, Saxon, Loudness, KISS, Blaxk Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Accept, Scorpions, etc on it. I think it was HBB.

Then came some stuff like lighter Crue songs, Skid Row, White Lion and it faded out cause "metal" or something like it was more mainstream.

Then Overkill, Testament, etc showed up on it and it got heavier.

Then Alice and Chains and Nirvana showed up with Pearl Jam and it all fell apart.

Somewhere, some "less accessible" stuff came into play - and Pantera was in there as you were mentioning with that other stuff.

Once Metallica hit it big, grunge came and Ozzy had Zakk, things kinda blew up and it really hasn't been the same to me.

I can't tell My Chemical Romance from Lincoln Park from Korn - and I don't want to either.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Two thirds of the bands played on HBB aren't even metal, so you really shouldn't say you hate modern metal if the only songs you hear are from that shitty show.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                I vividly remember the early days when it had just started (early 90's) and they used to play

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                HBB started in the late 80s if I remember right, maybe even 1985?

HBB debuted April 11, 1987

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  HBB debuted April 11, 1987

Maybe I should have said "when I started watching it in the early 90's" :ROTF:
                  Sam

Comment

Ahh you are right, but before that, it was Heavy Metal Mania (which began airing monthly in 1985).
                    HBB replaced HMM in 1987.
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Hopefully you're right about the mullet,
                      and vocal ability will come back right along with it.
                      Not that I want to see mullets, though.

I think 80's metal chicks were the hottest things
                      since the 1940's....(high heels on classy smoking dames...)

Comment

I watch Metal Mania on VH1C, then flip to HBB for the commercial breaks

Comment

I don't really...

Between The Buried And Me
                          Anubis Gate
                          Mind's Eye
                          Circus Maximus
                          Oceansize
                          Ayreon
                          ARK
                          Redemption
                          Abydos
                          Caliban
                          Latest Iced Earth (title song = A-W-E-S-O-M-E)
                          Killswitch Engage
                          Lamb Of God
                          Kamelot

So much tasty stuff out there!

The only REAL problem I have with most 'new' metal bands is their production. Most of it sounds so bland and one-dimensional. I'm just SO happy when I find a metal band that puts a lot of effort into production and sonic landscapes. If Peter Gabriel ever started playing prog metal I'd be in heaven.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ah, the monthly "I have to whine about metal I don't like instead of just finding something that I do" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I watch Metal Mania on VH1C, then flip to HBB for the commercial breaks
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X