No announcement yet.

god i hate new metal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being that I was intially a bass player. "Groove" is in my blood and something I focus on when writing riffs. I love groove oriented "hooks" ..shit that you headbang to.

I prefer straight forwardness instead of brutality or complexity for the sake of it. You can have both, and I gravitate to metal that has that balance.

It doesn't have to be complex to be good. I notice whenever a band jacks off it only holds some interest for musicians. Most people hang at the bar, or don't give a shit. The majority prefer grooves to headbang, yell and mosh to...or in Van Halen's case and ect,.. to dance to.

That's why most metal shows are a sausagefest. Most girls that are into metal want something headbangable..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      Stuff with no groove =P

Newer stuff I like is all the euro shit Sonata Arctica, Twilightning, DragonForce, Nightwish (old singer), HammerFall, Stratovarius, etc.

I want to remember the melodies and sing along and play air guitar, not dance.
      funny, I hate that shit, most of the euro metal sounds lame to me... all the rhythms are in 4ths... kinda sounds like machine is playing... misses the human-feel element... I gotta have the groove... groove has the same rhythmicality as a great fuck with hot chick... that's the deepest and oldest element of music... black dudes in Africa started banging on skins are rocks with the same enthusiasm as they were in the mating rituals... and actually in some cultures the drumming came a part of the wedding/mating ceremony

groove is the sex in music... and sex is the only thing that really interests me in this world
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

haha it's cool - I can respect that opinion

To me I'd rather hear that stuff outside of metal. For whatever reason I don't like the metal bands that do it even though I love guys like Zeppelin, James Brown, Hendrix, other rock, funk, jazz, etc.

Comment

Here's a band you might be interested in that I found a while back:

www.myspace.com/hibria
          Listening right now, seems quite excellent. I like the singer's voice, and the guitar work is pretty good.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

guess i *really* need to upload a track off my bands upcoming album then...if you're complaining about a lack of melody and clean singing in modern heavy music you need at least take a listen to it *shameless plug*
            anyone got webspace?

Comment

Working...
            X