Have you heard of this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you heard of this guy?

I was digging around the net looking for information about cutting/shaping MOP inlays, and I ran across a guitar builder I have never heard of before. I checked out his website, and I have to say that I would not even dream of giving the guy a single dollar. His guitars look like he used wood from picnic benches or the like. He has a quote from a 'budding luthier' from Canada, who says:

If I spot a victim in all of this, it's anyone who spent that much money on one of his guitars.
    And he has it there like it is something good?!

Either way, what do you think? Be sure to read up on his designs, philosophy and the fact that he DOES NOT build custom guitars. He just builds guitars and if you like one then buy it, no mods. But then he lists options for them! Either way, it was entertaining to read.

Ive played them. They arent for me, but they are really well made and they are way better than most of the crap on the market today............

Comment

I like this one

Body Wood
      I use whatever woods I currently have in stock at any one time or what I find in the dupster at Home Depot.
      Almost anything goes, there are no rules.
      Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Some of his stuff looks interesting, but his writing on the site kinda rambles on and even contradicts itself. I can appreciate a person who can build a guitar, and the talent it takes. But dumpster diving for wood? The way he sounds about wood, I wonder if balsa is an acceptable tone wood?

Oh, thats right. All wood is tone wood! No such thing as bad wood, right?

Comment

Here's a link to an awesome inlay guy.

Comment

That is some pretty sweet work, thanks! I was checking out some other inlay artists, and it amazes me how they can exert control and be patient for very fine, detailed work. I bet these guys earn every single dollar they charge.

Comment

Jeff is a really good guy and he does allot of major manufacturers custom inlay work. I've seen so many hacks out there, you have to be careful.

Comment

Working...
              X