No announcement yet.

Question about Directv/Dish Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually bit the bullet today also. Went with Dish Network. I've been waiting for my cable company to get HD forever, they keep saying that it's coming. I'm pretty stoked to finally get the HD channels, can't wait to check out the Monsters channel. Install is slated for Wednesday!

Comment

Best thing I ever did six or seven years ago was make the switch to Direct TV. As stated before, rain fades are so few and far between and short lived to boot that it's totally acceptable for me. I have triple the amount of channels, for less cost, better quality picture, and more reliability than I ever had with cable.

I set my dish at the corner of the back of the house under the eave so I don't get the snow problem that others have mentioned.

Comment

I've had Dish for 6 years. I have probably had a few dozen outages over the entire time. Only a handfull have been for more than 10 or 15 minutes in really bad weather. With a proper installation (solid mount, proper wiring and aiming, and an unobstructed view) you should have no problems to speak of.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
        X