The "Dark Days"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Dark Days"

It's 5:15 PM and it is dark, as in night, here in the Northwest. In the summer the sun sets past 9 PM. Pretty soon it will dark at 4:15. I have a bad latitude. Told ya I was on a bad pun high.
    Last edited by fett; 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Man, it's dark around 5:45 here now. I don't remember if it gets dark as early as 5pm, but I think 5:15 is about the earliest. It's not even worth getting out of bed if it is dark by 4:15!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Fett, you should really come down from that high before you crash and burn. We all know how badly puns can end, and the last thing anyone wants to see is you groaning on the ground.

Comment

Also, I nearly choked when I seen this thread, because I thought you were referencing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbNN75zU6k

Comment

The sun slipped behind the ocean just before 6 PM here. Makes you appreciate summer nights even more.

Comment

Over here, in June and the first half of July, the day never really ends. It's light outside in the middle of the night. Really cool.
            Makes me hate winter even more since the darkest days have about 2 minutes of sunlight. Well, not really, probably more like a couple of hours but since you're at work you can't really enjoy it. It's pitch black when you go to work and pitch black when you get home.

Comment

the fall/winter depression season is here. The only sunlight I will see is at lunch time in our breakroom. Thanks fett fun making me depressed.

Comment

I have evening classes this semester so I'm glad to see it be dark during class. In September it was hard to go to class since it was still nice and sunny outside.

Comment

I like it. Means "Guitar Playing" season for me. Just too much to do when it's light outside to sit inside and play the fiddle. I spend about a month getting back to where I left off. Then just when I make progress, it's fishin season again.

Don't get me wrong, I ice fish and hunt but it's not as preperation heavy and boat fishing is in the summer.

Plus, I'm so black metal that nothing makes me happier than the moon shining through a frost covered forest. Raise your chalice of blood!!!!

Comment

Who cares, I live in Huntington Beach, Ca, -lol end of story.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                    X