No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Excited For Xmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truly love Christmas. The wife and I are going to Nashville this year and we're gonna have a blast. Not alot of Gifts but we love to travel to different cities for the holidays. I would just love for people to have the same Heart that they did when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s about the Holidays. It's a chance to share the spirit of the Holidays and be nice to others and help others out. It used to be Merry Christmas, and now it's Happy Holidays or whatever, I know times have changed but I long for what was.

Marc

Comment

to me... christmas is all about giving now...
      over the past three seasons my wife lost her mother the day after christmas, the next year she lost her father shortly after christmas. the pain in her eyes... those two days are forever etched in my memory. after that i could care less about getting gifts, it's the feeling i get when she can smile this time of year is all i need.
      Last edited by semagic; 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Our son will be a little over 6 months old at X-mas this year, so it'll be another year or two before he starts to get into it. Can't wait! I can already tell he's gonna go crazy. He's got his mom's excitability & spends about 90% of the time with a big smile on his face.

For us, the holidays are all about having the family over & doing up a big dinner. We always try to have Thanksgiving and Christmas at our place. We love it, and it's our way of getting back into the spirit that we kind of lost in our 20s, plus as our parents & my grandfather get older we realize that there are only so many of these times left.

Comment

It's about the kids for sure. My daughter is nine and has informed me that she knows there is no Santa. That's fine, after nine years I am ready to start getting full credit for the gifts.

Comment

My daughter goes frikkin nuts every year at Christmas.
            I love the look on her face when she walks out and sees all the stash under the tree.
            99% of it is hers.
            She's only 4, so she still thinks that Santa brings her stuff. It's cute as hell.

I enjoy the heck out of putting a smile on peoples faces at Christmas.
            Sometimes I make out pretty good too, and sometimes I don't, but it doesn't get me down.

I wish I had a shit load of cash so I can get something nice for the people I care about just so I can see their eyes light up. It's a great feeling to be able to do that for someone.

Money is tight this year, but thanks to my wife (the queen of bargain shopping), my little kiddo is going to have a kick ass Christmas this year.
            She's into that Barbie stuff already, so we got her setup with a ton of Barbie dolls and accessories and a Barbie house that's taller than her. She's gonna flip!

Am I psyched... hell yea I am.
            Now I need to find a killer gift for my wife. That is getting harder to do each year.
            -Rick

Comment

Christmas stopped being special to me when they stocked Christmas stuff in October really. I'm still kinda in the spirit, but its not the same if you get my drift. Still, every Christmas we go down with our friends on New Years to their house in Chincoteage (sp?) Virginia and have a big get together and exchange gifts, which is always a hoot. Btw, does everyone hate getting socks or what?

Comment

So far it sux. Not looking forward to it at all. We are broke and I need a job. I guess the kids will understand what its like for alot of folks around the world this year.

Comment

I hope to get a new job before xmas... if so, I'll buy the next Rocktron Utopia G200 that comes out after the Winter NAAM.
                  '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                  '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                  custom made Les Paul
                  VOX Tonelab LE
                  Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                  ADA MP1
                  BBE 422A
                  Lexicon MPX-G2
                  ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                  Support Your Local 81

Comment

I hate Xmas. It means I have to see family.

Plus I never get anything

Comment

AK-
                      I'll just pick you up and we'll fly around while you man the guns while I dish out the tar, I mean coal-lol
                      My last Christmas that I truly had, I spent close to 30 grand on jewelry for my ex wife,not to mention some white camel hair Max Mara Coats and 400.00 matching scarf wraps,etc. gift certificates, and not for 100.00 if you know what I mean I dropped another 10k on her family, and where am I now?
                      With a girl 12 years younger baby!!! Yeah motherfukker!!!!!!! I loved Christmas, and I got more out of spoiling people than it did them, obviously, but I don't think they'll ever look at those good times, only the bad, so fukk them.

This song by the Kinks says it all-

When I was small I believed in santa claus
                      Though I knew it was my dad
                      And I would hang up my stocking at christmas
                      Open my presents and Id be glad

But the last time I played father christmas
                      I stood outside a department store
                      A gang of kids came over and mugged me
                      And knocked my reindeer to the floor

They said:
                      Father christmas, give us some money
                      Dont mess around with those silly toys.
                      Well beat you up if you dont hand it over
                      We want your bread so dont make us annoyed
                      Give all the toys to the little rich boys

Dont give my brother a steve austin outfit
                      Dont give my sister a cuddly toy
                      We dont want a jigsaw or monopoly money
                      We only want the real mccoy

Well beat you up if you make us annoyed
                      Dont mess around with those silly toys

But give my daddy a job cause he needs one
                      Hes got lots of mouths to feed
                      But if youve got one, Ill have a machine gun
                      So I can scare all the kids down the street

We got no time for your silly toys

Have yourself a merry merry christmas
                      Have yourself a good time
                      But remember the kids who got nothin
                      While youre drinkin down your wine

We got no time for your silly toys
                      We want your bread, so dont make us annoyed
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yes and no. I have a backordered Rickenbacker 12 string (660/12) coming on Dec. 15, I had the cash on hand when I ordered it a couple months ago, I'm broke now, and looking at being off work for a while from this friggin hernia, but,, I have a few cattle that will be ready for sale at that time,,,,,,,,somehow I'll make it work out
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

just another day
                          "POOP"

Comment

Not really heavy compared to the other bands mentioned, but the new Epica album 'Divine Conspiracy' is great too. Their heaviest album to date.
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

^^ Wrong thread?

Christmas is all about giving people stuff and spending time with the family. I just wish stores would stop setting up their "holiday" items in August. At least wait until after Thanksgiving.
                              Scott

Comment

HA, Ha, maybe he posted while in "the dark."
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X