X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..and some people think I'm sick..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

it is not the same as the kids get older. my girls went from toys r us to Nordstrom$. the wife and i now just get something for the both of us like a plasma for the bedroom last year. the saving grace is the boy is 13, so video games are high on his list. the family get togethers are a hit or miss. my wifes side are Springer material, so i leave when the drinking gets heavy and go do last minute shopping. the sweater bunnies are in full force at the mall.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I don't have any kids yet, but have more nephews and nieces than you can shake a stick at.

Plus my family is scattered all over the world, so I have to go to the post office in early December to make sure all of the gifts arrive on time.

My birthday (12/24) was always a bigger deal for me than Christmas, since I was a kid.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          I don't have any kids yet, but have more nephews and nieces than you can shake a stick at.

Plus my family is scattered all over the world, so I have to go to the post office in early December to make sure all of the gifts arrive on time.

My birthday (12/24) was always a bigger deal for me than Christmas, since I was a kid.
          its awesome to have your birthday right by Christmas!(mine is the 19th), you get so much shit at once!:ROTF:

I suppose it is my blessing and my curse, as, WTF do I do for those other 359 days(360 on leap years)?
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Around this time,I start listening to Christmas Music,and the sad thing is I NEVER get tired of it. I really like the OLD stuff(Bing,etc) I remember back in Christmas 1988-1989 I heard a Commercial on the Radio about a Big sale at a Local music store. I had a fair amount of training on Drums from a Neighbor(But I didnt own a kit) and ALWAYS wanted to play guitar,but My parents really couldnt afford to buy the whole shebang. I BEGGED My parents to go, and My parents said" If I bought the amp,they would buy me the guitar. That started it all!! "Santa" got me a Purple Yamaha RGX 110 and I bought a small little Yamaha amp. Many years later,I still suck!(My fault, I get ok,then stop for awhile,but now I am not doing that).My Nephew is alittle over 2,and last Christmas My Wife and I bought him a "Lyon" Drum set(Washburn) and he really took to it.That is his Pride and Joy.He Kinda keeps a steady beat to it. But from what I heard,He will wake up at 4:30am and start playing.
            Last edited by Dan; 11-08-2007, 11:17 PM.
            HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
            Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
            (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
            Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
            Boss TU-2
            2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
            1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
            1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Christmas is such a huge waste of time for me.

I love makin my lady happy, but it's just gotten so expensive for me, and everyone expects something, it's really frustrating, and then nobody wants to reciprocate and it's such a fucking drag, so I've sworn off this shit this year, as I'm not religious ANYHOW, so it's just another day for me, fuck it.

C

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                I figured you were alright, most of the time.
                It's those other times, I wouldn't let you near my dog, even.:ROTF:
                Merry Christmas, Bill...and to yours especially.
                How about a JCF convention in South Carolina, instead?
                Myrtle Beach rocks, and there's safety in numbers.:ROTF:

EDITamn, I screwed up and quoted myself. I was responding Bill Z Bub's
                invite to the frosty north. The most I've seen of Cinci is the airport, too many times.
                I'm sure there's enough money to be raised by cleaning out fett's trailer to be raised
                for at least a hospitality suite....
                Last edited by Cygnus X1; 11-08-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

You guys who have birthdays around Christmas are telling me that you get lots of presents because of it? That nobody gives you the 'combined' birthday and Christmas present(s)?

:ROTF:

My wife (Dec.20th) and I (Dec.27th) were skunked like this as kids, and so were many other Christmas kids we have known. Everyone else gets one for each, and we get this 'combined' crap.

We never do this to each other, that is for damn sure!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                    You guys who have birthdays around Christmas are telling me that you get lots of presents because of it? That nobody gives you the 'combined' birthday and Christmas present(s)?

:ROTF:

My wife (Dec.20th) and I (Dec.27th) were skunked like this as kids, and so were many other Christmas kids we have known. Everyone else gets one for each, and we get this 'combined' crap.

We never do this to each other, that is for damn sure!
                    Actually, that's the way it was for me, too.

My sister's birthday is in May, and I used to think,

"Why the hell does she get a present on MY birthday, and I don't get shit on hers?"

Now that I'm an adult though, I enjoy seeing my relatives' kids' faces light up when they open up whatever gifts I give them more than getting stuff myself. I don't want much, and in the rare cases that I see something I want, I'll just buy it for myself
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

We have two nephews who were born around Christmas and they get separate birthday and Christmas presents from us, and they know why...lol!

Our small way of fighting back.

Comment

Working...
                      X