Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had one of those work days when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had one of those work days when.....

you worked hard all day, only to break something to completely kill any $$$ you made?!?!

I was working out of town today, it was about -10 with the windchill. I never got a lunch break because we were so rushed to get in a bunch of windows installed.

A lady had to leave her house and I ended up driving over another workers expensive tool. I worked a hard long day only to buy the guy a new tool.

I need some similar stories to make me feel better

tell me about it. I worked all week to set up a freebsd vitual machine and finally when it couldnt compile a piece of code, I went on a deleting spree and ended up deleting a file that the OS needs to boot up. A whole week's work was gone. So yeah!

well, I'm a software engineer and any such work mishaps are usually a "restore" away.

Jokes aside, I pity your loss my friend.
    Sam

Comment

I drove 3 hours this past weekend to go fishing. Cost me over $100 in fuel. The wind was so bad, the fishing was good, but the fishing conditions were worse.

To top it off, my wife slams the boat into the dock and puts a big dent in it. My dog pukes in the camper. And I wore my hat so tight I got zits on my forehead.

How do you like those apples?

Comment

I took off work early 2pm, loaded up my M1 Garand and Savage 99F to sight in. Drove 30 minutes to the shooting range and they were closed at 4pm. It was 4:15, 30 minutes home and my "early day off" turned into a tiring little drive, $5 worth of gas, $3 in beef jerky and a $1.29 Vanilla Big Red.
        Too tired to cook Dinner, drove the family to Bush's chicken and blew $25 there.
        got home after dark and had a bunch of crappy email to catch up on until 1am.

Not totally a self inflicted wound, but it wasn't as fun or glamorous as I imagined it would be at lunchtime that day.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I put new tires, plus, wires, welded exhaust, on the girlies car, and the tranny puked.

Worse punch? I'm a tradesman, so I'm like, not rich (painter). Her mom is married to a doctor.

Who do you think is going to have to fix the car?

Comment

Something similar, but since I'm a student it's not about earning money..

There was this Testament concert in another city, all of my buds were going to the concert with the same bus and I decided not to go because I had a lab I needed to attent the next day. I stayed home & studied hard.

So all my buds go to the gig, have a hell of a fun then come back in the morning of the day I have the lab, after learning they had a lot of fun I attend the lab and get a damn ZERO!
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Same here as a student...

It was the end of the year in my first year at uni. I had to write my final project report and after that all i had to do was to get ready for the exams. Because i was a lazy bastard and did quite a bit of binge drinking my other reports werent so 'promising'... worked my arse off for a bout 10 days and wrote that report. Because i had a crappy laptop back then i had to save it to a floppy disk.

Last night before the deadline... 4 am in the morning doing the final touches... the crappy laptop went crazy and i lost the whole 4000 words... ive ended up going mad and waking the whole flat up with my noise...

1 and a half weeks of work just dissappered in a moment. It wasnt the best time of my life

Had to write that bastard again within 5 days... because i remembered quite a bit of it ive managed to write a crappy version in 3 days. Got an A- for it
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Nothing money related, really.

I work as a software developer for a company that processes credit card/electronic transactions. My main job is translating a transaction from the merchant's format to a processor's format then back as it gets it's approval/decline/etc.

This summer, in addition to a bunch of industry-mandated changes, we consolidated about 40 different databases. Some of our software hadn't been touched for updates in about two years. I spent a week and a half basically rebuilding one of them when my boss comes up and says "Oh, I didn't want you spending too much time on that since we're going to scrap that one in the spring."

Comment

My friends a contractor.
                  He brings me all his busted,dropped, not working tools.
                  Fix it.
                  Parts are easy to get online.

Comment

This last weekend...we had a show Saturday in Louisiana. I take off Friday (lose a days pay)..drive 500 miles there, to find out the show is CANCELLED..had to stay the night anyway, was too tired to try and drive back. So, a days pay, gas, food, hotel room. Slept, got up drove right back home GRRRR.

Comment

Jeri wins for suckiest day

But, uhh, why did the guy leave an expensive tool laying out where it could be run over? Those things should be in the truck in a box.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i didn't sell anything today, but I ripped through a few C-notes polluting myself , so it was just another regular day, with funds in the negative once again.
                        Who cares, I feel like a million cents. (that's 10k, and that's not too bad)
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post
                          I ended up driving over another workers expensive tool.

You ran over a guy's tool? AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! OOOooooooh, painful. I guess he'll be wanking with both palms pressed together, he can at least claim he is praying, not playing!
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I detail/recondition cars and one of my customers has a Fiero that is his baby. Believe me when I say the thing is mint...has under 50K miles. Well, the material on the seats had been weakend by constant exposure to the sun over the years but, still looked brand new though. I ended up putting a rip in his passenger seat because the of the suction power of my extractor. It sucked the fabric up far enough that when I went to move it accross the seat it caught and.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrip. The extractor attachment is metal mind you.

Pretty much did that one for free.
                            Last edited by Madness; 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                              Something similar, but since I'm a student it's not about earning money..

There was this Testament concert in another city, all of my buds were going to the concert with the same bus and I decided not to go because I had a lab I needed to attent the next day. I stayed home & studied hard.

So all my buds go to the gig, have a hell of a fun then come back in the morning of the day I have the lab, after learning they had a lot of fun I attend the lab and get a damn ZERO!
                              That sucks kardes.It was a brutal concert. But they promissed that they will come again so get yourself together and make sure you dont have any exams next time .( or just avoid the exam )

Comment

Working...
                              X