No announcement yet.

My Rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant? Man, a real rant would be talking about how fucking ignorant people are towards real music, and then trying to express themselves in a intelligent way. I didn't think this could piss me off so much as it did today!
    My literature prof figured he'd give us some classic music to examine the lyrics too, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, and some random Beatles song (forget which, not a huge fan). Then he starts going on how muddy the guitar sounds in CN, to represent the symbolic state. The hell if it's fucking muddy! Last time I checked that was called DELAY! AND ITS MUSICAL!! Then he went off into a speal about how a song like that should be on guitar hero... man, I didn't know you could do soulful bends and vibrato on that shitty game
    So, I took the time to rip into him for a few minutes about what I mentioned above, and then his only response was "well, playing guitar hero is just like playing guitar"... at which point, I got up and left the classroom.

I mean honestly, what the hell is that? Guitar hero is not playing guitar. David Gilmore is not "muddy". His solo's in that song still remain some of my favorites for sheer emotion behind them. They set such a great atmosphere. Baaah!

The rest of the class just sat there like mindless puppets while he was assassinating musical integrity!

Worst part is, if I hadn't of said anything, 60 people would have walked out of there thinking that David Gilmore is a sloppy, muddy guitar player. And wouldn't have realized the importance of the solos!

THE SOLOS!

EDIT: This shouldn't even count as a rant, more of a random expression of hate towards music newbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
      examine the lyrics too, Pink Floyd's
      a speal
      solo's
      hadn't of said anything,

This is a college? Oh, wait, it's a Canadian college...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Just for you...

...and yes, I'm drinking. Leave me be.

Comment

Rant? Man, a real rant would be talking about how fucking ignorant people are towards real music, and then trying to express themselves in a intelligent way. I didn't think this could piss me off so much as it did today!

Worst part is, if I hadn't of said anything, 60 people would have walked out of there thinking that David Gilmore is a sloppy, muddy guitar player. And wouldn't have realized the importance of the solos!

THE SOLOS!

EDIT: This shouldn't even count as a rant, more of a random expression of hate towards music newbs.
          Great, now look what ya started.

I'm just old enough to gather a respectable amount of "crust",
          but not enough to be described as "Crusty" in any official capacity....

I tend to rant about drivers that drive 90+mph, then bitch about fuel costs.
          And people who get their political news from comedians, and feel like they're well informed enough to go to the voting booth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            Great, now look what ya started.

I'm just old enough to gather a respectable amount of "crust",
            but not enough to be described as "Crusty" in any official capacity....

I tend to rant about drivers that drive 90+mph, then bitch about fuel costs.
            And people who get their political news from comedians, and feel like they're well informed enough to go to the voting booth.
            Haha, I was one of those people who drove 90+ mph and... well, worked at a gas station to pay off gas costs (in more way then one, har har har).

Whenever I hear someone complaining about the price of gas (a whopping $1.11 here now, but... with the Canadian dollar the way 'tis, that's a good $20 to you folks right?) I always tell them to hit the bus system. $60/month KILLS the $200 I used to spend every month. (actually, pseudo-free bussing via the University, so it's even better).

Also Ron - I just remember... I'm a comp-sci major, not a English freak. So THIS is what I have to refer you to!

ALSO in finding that comic, the newest XKCD kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Rants are what kids these days call their Mum & Dad.

Bollocks, that's 'rents. Fuck it, it was close.

Risten Glasshopper, do not get upset about E-bay pictures and you have more strength to masturbate with, whilst rooking at pictures of Goatse.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Ron, Ron, oh Ron. I am disappointed. You missed "Gilmore". Twice?

Also Ron - I just remember... I'm a comp-sci major, not a English freak. So THIS is what I have to refer you to!
                http://xkcd.com/326/
                what's obscure about the meaning of his incorrect use of "effect"? Man, your lit prof is really dropping the ball with you, isn't he?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

You wanna rant??
                  How about all the folks here correcting English spelling and grammar, and none of them are feckin' ENGLISH!

Comment

Comment

I'm Welsh and I can manage to spill prefectley well.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

And I've got a degree in Computer Silence.
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yeah, from Scumbag Polytechnic, no doubt.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'm from Disco Tech, and freyr, good job on giving that misguided dilluted soul the shellacking that you did. That guy wouldn't know a good time if it sat on his face. Muddy? That's how I feel when I'm good and numb-lol
                            Tell him I said he's detrimental and mental as well.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                              You wanna rant??
                              How about all the folks here correcting English spelling and grammar, and none of them are feckin' ENGLISH!
                              I'm a little English... and Irish, and Danish, and Welsh, and maybe Scottish... as well as half Italian. I've got major issues. :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Let's see in how many directions we can take this thread!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X